DAYS: May Sweeps

• Members

I'm not good at paraphrasing...

"It's a good time for all," says Corday about May in Salem.

Sami/Lucas/E.J.: Is she finally gonna get married? Is EJ gonna spill the beans? Sami's torn...flipping out! Is it Lucas's child or not? She doesn't know. A lot of excitement at the wedding.

John/Marlena: He comes out of the coma. Wonderful reunion. He has a lot of catching up to do.

Shawn/Belle: They're trying to get back home for Sami's wedding. They realize they've done the wrong thing [the island] by this child [Claire]." Claire will be in harm's way again.

Bo/Hope: Bo is instrumental in trying to save S/B/C. He goes to the island. Patch may try to stop this from happening. Hope is home with the baby.

Steve/Kayla: Desperation time. Steve seems to be on a mission of evil. Kayla can't stop him.

Nick/Chelsea/Abby/Max/Willow: Abby is gone for the summer. Gonna go see dad and mom in Europe. Maybe she'll be back in the fall. Lots more air-time for Nick and Chelsea, Max and Willow. WIll Willow get caught in her own devious plot? Yep.

Celeste: "Celeste is the first indication trigger of a huge story for this summer. Her appearance to EJ foreshadows the reappearance of Tony and a very large umbrella story for the entire cast."

Adrienne's Return: Back May 1. She's instrumental to getting to Patch in the institution and helping him get out. What she doesn't know and what Kayla finds out is that he's still a loose cannon, "wrongly wired and on a mission"

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really don't see anything bad here. First off, everyone is always complaining about there being too many spoilers for Days and Corday is being vague here. I think that is good. He isn't giving away much and that means we can at least be surprised at some stuff. I also didn't expect him to give as much because it's clear changes were made and they probably weren't prepared for a full sweeps preview. I am just happy we got something unlike February. It's obvious they changed alot because now John is waking up in May and we were hearing June.

The only bad I see is that Hogan is still not talking and Willow isn't gone, which isn't all bad because of the newbies she has been around the longest and Hogan created her before all the problems. It sounds like we may get Willow/Max. I also like the idea of Abby being off for summer. I would like to see her return in Fall. Plus, Corday mentioned an umbrella story featuring THE WHOLE CAST. What else do people want? Sure, it seems Hope may be left out a bit on the Bo/Shawn/Belle stuff but who cares? She will get in on the action soon enough and it seems like better balance to me. Steve/Kayla seem like they are getting exciting as well. I personally could care less if Chick/Willow/Max get loads of airtime as long as the vets do as well and it seems like they will.

I am surprised by all the negativity to this around the net. Corday didn't say anything that really pissed me off other then a few minor things, which isn't too bad. I know I am always a optimist but I can't see bad here. Hell, the Celeste stuff sounds intriguing as hell.

• Members

There's nothing here that will entice me to watch in May.

So much for the rumors Jack would return to help Steve. :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least we got a big 3 days of Matt Ashford back on DAYS, probably about all we'll get this year. :(

Spare me the next nauseating John/Marlena reunion! :rolleyes:

More 2.1s for DAYS in May! :lol:

• Members

Why the negativity? It's simple.

There's nothing new about any of this. Not really. While the big four are all mentioned, we see no guarantee of airtime, or balance. That's all assumption, and while many of us would love to have your optimism, Tim, let's face it. We don't. He can promise things under pigs fly out of his ass for all most of us care. The fact remains that Hogan is silent, and Corday is talking.

• Members

Agreed, Keith. Aside from John waking up, I see nothing to get excited about here. It all sounds like more of the same and since these are "MAY SWEEPS" previews, that is very worrying. And I can't begin to describe the stupidity of promising "lots more airtime" for Chelsea, Nick, Max and Willow!

Hogan's silence is disturbing. We have not heard a peep from him since 2006 and it's normally standard practice for the HW to give out Sweeps previews.

• Members

Same old, same old.

This sounds nice, but where is the 'impact'?

Worst parents of the year award

Our great heroine is a stay at home mom. Exactly why we tune in.

As long as Willow isn't underused.

Still not sure why this is important.

• Members

These sound okay- I, for one, am glad that the previews are fairly vague. As for Hogan's silence- it doesn't bother me. I remember the days where we ONLY heard from the exec producers and never a peep from the head writers and IMO, that's the way it should be. The EP publically represents the show and the HW just writes.

To be honest, I don't know how much more I care to weigh in on Hogan Sheffer on DAYS. The writing has been tremendous, character interaction a 180 degree turnaround, and character development actually exists(!) in Salem now.

I'm beginning to think that William Shakespeare himself could be writing DAYS and some people would still find fault. Really, it amazes me.

When all this b!tching gets Megan McTavish the HW job on DAYS, count me as being among those who'll be laughing their heads off at the fools & their complaining ways.

• Members

That is highly debatable, and hasn't been truly consistent for the past three months. Character development, maybe. Maybe. For some. Certainly not for all. Things have become cirtcular for nearly every character in every story for three months. Days fans certainly have grounds to complain. Hogan has been better and can be better, and Days fans saw it. Nothing wrong with pointing it out, and certainly doesn't mean we want him replaced.

The fact is, the show has become boring. Consistently good, but boring. We've missed important point B's because of the backburnering of vets, and God knows what else. We can only speculate how much is Hogan and how much is Corday. But this is May sweeps, and I'm not impressed. And I'm not the only one.

• Members

I too like that the preview are vague. It gives the viewers something to look forward too.

If you don't know what is going to happen, you may want to tune in and see exactly what is happening. You cannot always count on the spoilers to play out exactly as they sound. That is why I tune in. (Now if I were only a Neilsen home)

No, not McTavish, that is just a dreadful thought *shudder*

I'll be peeved if current complaints gets that woman as HW.

• Members

That is totally unfair and inaccurate. Back in December, nearly every DAYS fan on this board (myself included) was raving about the quality of the show. If the balance is horrible (which it is) and the stories are moving at a snails-pace (which they are), of course there will be complaints. Shakespearean writing means nothing if the stories are boring and the WRONG characters are being featured.

• Members

I so agree although I do think Hogan's silence is unnerving.

I don't see much to get excited about either except John waking up, Shelle and Steve/Kayla seeming like it's getting more exciting, and Celeste and the big umbrella story. My point was there isn't even enough here to get negative about. People always said days gives out too many spoilers and now they get vague and people still complain (and I am not singling out SON, it's the general reaction I have seen). That is my point. Let's remember too that the show had to change course so it's likely at the time of this interview Corday didn't have alot there to say and had to be vague. I like it as there is a surprise factor coming. We know airtime is coming for the vets because we know certain people have to be at the wedding. Corday is a liar and an idiot but the guy's ass is on the line.

Again, this isn't about my usual optimism. I don't expect anyone to shout from the rooftops over these because I certainly am not going to. All I am saying is if people had said "Well, this isn't much to be excited about. I hope it's better then it sounds" or "I will wait and see it play out" or something like that I would understand it. I see the point but it's the way people already dismissed May based on a set of vague spoilers when we know it's going to be more then what we are reading.

I do think it was stupid to mention the Max/Willow/Chelsea/Nick stuff but I honestly don't mind seeing them onscreen alot as long as others are on just as much. The Hope thing is nothing to be upset about. Yes, they could've had her go with Bo but that is being petty. She will be around in the big umbrella story and in Sami's wedding and we know there is Horton stuff coming. I think Corday mentioning her staying home was stupid though.

I said my piece. I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. I just don't like seeing people condemn something based on vague spoilers and before even seeing the month play out. That didn't necessarily happen here but I guess I let myself get caught up in other boards before posting this morning :lol:

• Members

John coming out of the coma is long overdue. Thank the heavens!

Hope staying home with the baby is actually considered a preview? The preview is that she'll have nothing to do! What a crock.

More airtime for the newbies? Is it even possible for them to have more airtime?

Meanwhile, I'm loving the usage of Celeste, so that much is good.

Sounds like we're in for another ho-hum sweeps period.

• Members

Sami/Lucas wedding, beginning of Dimera resurgence (I know you aren't big on it but still), Shelle getting home (which I see happening based off this), Adrienne/Steve/Kayla and Steve somehow crossing over to the Shelle story...how is this ho-hum?

Or maybe that is the typical PhoenixRising05 optimism talking again :lol: . Look a February compared to what we already know is going to happen in May and they don't even compare. These aren't huge spoilers as there is no detail but there is also hints based on what we know that the month could be very good. We'll see. :)

• Members

Y'know, I agree with you in some ways. There are some people who will hate Days no matter what, but by the same token, there are some people who will eat whatever crap is churned out. When the show deserves its praise, the naysayers annoy me. But when the show is falling flat? I can't help but jump on their bandwagon.

In December, the show was fantastic. I loved it... and I praised it numerous times on this board and on several other forums. I'm a Days fan, and when it deserves praise, I'll praise it. Right now, though? I need to see familiarity, and I need balance -- neither of which I'm getting. It's no different than the other shows backburnering their veteran characters in favor of younger, cheaper newbies. Why is it a no-no for those shows, but we're supposed to overlook it on Days?

I've watched this show since 1993/1994, loyally. I think that by now, I've earned the right to have an opinion. Yes, there are people out there who would write the show fifteen times worse than the way it's being written right now, but does that mean I'm supposed to praise the lackluster writing just for fear that they could bring in someone worse? That gives the viewers no options! It's like the executive producer saying, "You'd better watch and love this, or else we're going to start writing stuff even worse!" Gee, that's going to keep me watching.

I want a great show. Not an 'okay' show, and not a 'decent' show... I want it to be the best that it can be. And if it were the best that it can be right now, I'd be right in your corner, wondering why the hell everyone was so negative. Unfortunately, though, the show's far from brilliant (at the moment) and we loyal viewers have every right to want better.

Archived