DAYS: May Sweeps

• Members

I'm hoping that the stuff happening in May is what was taped before the re-writes. Otherwise, Corday lied again and we're screwed.

I'm wondering how difficult Corday found it to push the same imbalanced show for May when he just did an interview about how bad it's gotten, LoL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My sentiments exactly. I am a DAYS fan and I will continue to be a DAYS fan until that final scene when they wrap up production and the show in general. I've watched through Higley and Reilly's second term. I'm here for the long-run. :)

• Members

Guys Willow got fired, she's obviously going to leave eventually....But they do have some loose ends to finish with her..Hopefully getting rid of the baby, and getting killed off...

And complain all you want about Bo, Hope, John, and Marlena...But we know that the changes wouldn't happen until June...If they don't get big stories then, thats when we should really complain...I'm just thankful john is out of the coma, thats a step in the right direction..

• Members

Liking or disliking the current material has nothing to do with my viewer loyalty. It doesn't mean I won't be watching 'til the end... it simply means I want better. Besides, I don't owe the show anything -- they haven't done me any favors of given me a loan or anything. If anything, they owe me! LoL

• Members

Is anyone else scared by the "very large umbrella story" coming up this summer that involves the supposed 'entire cast?' I mean, if the story turns out sh!tty, it's going to be felt across the entire canvas, and that could be a death blow to the show when Corday tries to shop it around in September.

• Members

I'm not saying that fans owe the show anything. I don't get that. Anyways, I'm just agreeing with Phoenix. Yes, there are times when the show has hit rock-bottom, but I'm not going pack and leave because I enjoy this show and have grown to love the characters and I will continue to enjoy this show. Maybe I'm just a character fan rather than a fan of the show in general (plots, couples, etc.)

• Members

Fair points, PR. But you can't blame DAYS fans for being sceptical. I'd like to think Corday is being vague to keep things suspenseful but that has never been his MO. He usually oversells storylines and the execution ends up being a big letdown. His SOD 2007 previews sounded alot better than these and look what we got! If he's being vague, it's most likely because the material really IS boring. And comments about newbies receiving "alot more airtime" and Hope being "at home with the baby" only add to the sense of doom.

• Members

My sentiments exactly, Kenny. I'm so tired of the ridiculous idea that you're not a loyal fan if you don't watch whatever the show spews out.

I was thrilled beyond belief with Hogan until January. I still think he's a great writer, but I could care less about the characters that have been shown CONSTANTLY. The balance sucks too. They're doing exactly the same thing they did with the Saved by the Bell era, and I refuse to go down that road again. My patience is gone.

I've been trying to watch Days. I really have! It's unbearable for me right now. I can't take the repetitiveness. As much as I want to watch again, I'm not forcing myself to do it. It should be enjoyable and not a chore. It would be great if the show got back to the greatness we saw a few months ago. It's not like I'm writing it off or anything, but to see previews that repeat the same damn problems we've been having, I'm a little disheartened.

• Members

I just don't get it anymore. I don't get what the big problem is with the current DAYS. This time last year, I was sincerely bored with the show. I couldn't say anything positive because there was nothing positive to say. I still watched, but I didn't enjoy the show anymore.

Since Hogan came onboard, I can honestly count on one hand the episodes that I haven't enjoyed. DAYS is entertaining to me now.

I just can't grasp what other fans see wrong with the show. It has to be because their "favorites" are not on, because mine are and I'm in love with the show.

• Members

The spoilers are probably so vague because there was nothing decent to sell the show on -- it's just going to be more of the same, LoL.

You say not to judge the spoilers until we actually see them displayed on screen, but that's a two way street. You seem to get really damn excited, really damn quickly.

• Members

Thanks Angela for the sweeps spoilers! :D

I think the show is good right now, if a little slow moving. In the past week or so, however, the pace has picked up. It looks like this sweeps and summer may be very interesting.

The main thing interfering with my enjoyment of the show is reading all the negative wanking on here. My perscription for a show that fails to entertain me is the OFF button. Since Hogan has entertained me, with whichever characters he has used, my tv will stay tuned in to Days.

• Members

Didn't I say in all my posts in this thread that these were nothing to get excited about? :lol:

I don't get excited over everything. I am just not going to condemn things before I see them. We were told changes would be seen in June. There is going to be a period of tying things up and so on. I know Corday is an ass and the show has burned people but why not wait until after you see what May brings before saying it's going to be the same old? These previews say nothing baout the wedding and we know that happens. Alot is left out and that is why I think it's unfair to jump on the show based on these spoilers. That is all I am saying.

Some are just assuming it's going to be the same. We don't know that, just like I don't know how good these changes are going to end up being and how good the show will be in May. It may not be until June where we notice the full effect. I just think they deserve a little leeway in that they said we would start seeing the changes in May. Key word is START.

• Members

I bet $25 that the "John wakes up, they share a wonderful reunion and John has alot of catching up to do" preview happens all in one day. Just one episode. An entire month to play with, and I bet anything that it'll all happen in one day... and that'll be that.

Archived