DAYS: May Sweeps

• Members

Perhaps some people like seeing Jack come home to Jennifer, only to have Jennifer be a phony and him be quickly tossed back in a castle. I for one love these May sweeps previews, especially the one that involves the whole cast. These look great. And I can't wait for Judi to return, this time as Adrienne.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm guessing Gabby kidnaps Claire, and shelle will call Bo to help them...

I'm thankful john comes out of the coma, its about damm time...And at least the wedding will take up a big portion of the month..and we know Hope is at the wedding, so she can't be on the island..

• Members

Nothing new here. I hope we get something huge for May. I hope Corday's just staying tight-lipped and theres more to this storyline in May instead of the usual Sami/Celeste/EJ plotting and babbling.

It's about damn time! :D

Please, please, please get these three back to Salem by May! I'm glad to see Bo winds up on the island. And Claire faces danger again? :lol: And Shawn and Belle are the responsible parents, correct? Had they just done what the courts wanted, Philip would have her now and she'd perfectly safe from all harm. :rolleyes:

I don't like BOPE that much, but I hate when they turn them into a domestic couple. This is what they did when JT was born. Hope turned into the housewife. That's not who Hope is. I understand that she just had Ciara and wants to spend time with her, but Hope needs adventure too. Give the baby to Doug and Julie or Grandpa Shawn and Caroline. Act like you never did it before! :lol:

This is May sweeps? It seems like this has been the storyline since November? Nothing new here.

As sad as it is to see Abby going away for the summer, I'm so happy there's no recast. Hopefully, Ashley will change her mind come fall and return to the role. :D And Willow's coming between my MABBY? Not so bad because Abby won't actually be there. Willow's still here! :D:P

This is about the only thing that excites me. The fact that the whole cast is supposedly involved tickles me.

Okay? Am I supposed to be excited for this? :blink:

• Members

Boy, am I glad I didn't put the Willow Tree to rest when that speculated rumor came out that Annie Burgstede was leaving the show. :D

The Willow Tree's growing strong! Believe me, I just came in from watering it. ;):P

• Members

Look at the characters you just listed as the 'big stories.'

Sami/Lucas.

Steve/Kayla.

Shawn/Belle.

And don't forget more airtime for the youngsters!

That says it all. In other words, May Sweeps will still be a continuation of the imbalance that plagues the show.

They could have these characters written by William Shakespeare himself and I'd still be annoyed, simply because of the fact that I'm ready for others to have stories. I love all the characters mentioned above, but unfortunately to me they represent the lack of balance, and I'm ready for them to take a seat on the backburner. Having them in 'the big stories' for May is no different than January, February, March or April. I don't want to hear sh!t about Sami and Lucas or Shawn and Belle until I hear that we're going to have fabulous stories for John/Marlena, Bo/Hope and others, first.

At the beginning of the year, Corday said that "Hogan has really hit his stride." A few weeks later, the ratings hit new lows. Corday over-sells everything. May will be no different, IMO. What sounds exciting on paper ends up completely lackluster and sh!tty on screen. Sami and Lucas's wedding will probably have five attendees -- how 'exciting!'

• Members

By the way Kenny, I see what you are saying. I want better too and I am hopeful, as always, that we will get it.

My issue is that these spoilers should not be used as a basis for what exactly we actually get. There just isn't enough here to pick apart and be negative or excited abotu. That is my point. The initial reactions were already tilting towards the month being a failure (mostly on other boards but hints here too) and that is what kind of bugs me. Until we see anything play out and until we know more details, I think it's unfair to jump all over the show for what we know about May. For one thing, we were told we would see the changes in May. This did not mean that all of a sudden the show was going to be perfect. That means they had to tie things up in an effort to change gears to where they said they are going to go. I think, once again, people expected things to happen all of a sudden on May 1 when it's probably going to be one of those things that gets better the more deeper we get into May so that by June all the new stuff is airing with the right people.

I always preach the wait until you see it approach because often times what you read is different then what you see. These spoilers are so vague that you just can't get a read on alot of them. It's not like the spoilers we get every week in the mags which are detailed and more capable of being judged but even those you have to see executed first before condemning because it could end up totally different onscreen.

• Members

I think you're going to be right. The first day of the wedding, everyone will be in attendance. Caroline, Hope, Chelsea, Marlena and Kayla will give Sami her presents and all the family and friends will be there to take their seats as Sami is seen at the end of the church with Roman. The show will end. Come the next day, Sami will start walking down the aisle, but Grandpa Shawn and Caroline will be gone. Marlena will be gone. Hope will be in the bridal room taking care of Ciara. Nothing new.

• Members

And really, these sweeps do sound incredibly boring.

More of Sami worrying about the father of her baby... EJ threatening to spill the beans... Sami worrying... EJ threatening... move along!

Steve on a mission of evil and Kayla can't seem to stop him? January, meet May!

Claire in harm's way again? Can't they create some sort of drama and conflict involving Shawn and Belle that doesn't involve Claire's bi-weekly 'oh my God our baby is gonna die!' scare?

And I still can't get over the "Hope will sit her ass at home with nothing to do" preview, LoL. God, Corday, you frickin' idiot!

• Members

Maybe but I doubt it. That was mostly under JER. Usually under every other writer, the majority of the attendents stay but we'll see. I know Alice won't be there and that's sad :(

I can't wait until May. That is when we will truly know how good things are. Then things can truly be judged.

• Members

The 'lots more airtime' for Nick and Chelsea and Willow is what frustrates me. I love Nick, and Chelsea is redeemed, but Willow sucks. I really don't want to see any of them as often as they've been shown. The lack of balance when it comes to airtime is what has caused the ratings to slide as it is. If things continue this way, I won't be inclined to tune in again, and I'm sure people who quit watching probably feel the same.

I know you'll watch whatever is put out there by Days, but that's not the case with everyone. I hope they do improve the balance in May. We're going to have some great actors back, and the storyline sounds like it could be compelling--if we actually get to see it in decent chunks of airtime and not just snippets crowded between Nick/Chelsea/Willow/Gabby/Belle/Shawn time.

Nobody knows exactly how this will pan out until the show actually airs. Everyone has their opinion of how it might be, but we'll just have to wait. I sincerely hope they shift the airtime back to the way it was in December. I'd like to start watching again, but if things don't improve, I've got better things to do with my time.

• Members

I watch Days no matter what but that doesn't mean I always like what I see. I have bashed it a few times under Hogan but never do a I go and totally bash spoilers because I like to wait and see how something unfolds first. I was very unhappy under JER. I still watched but it was out of loyalty. The show could and should be much better and I know they have issus. My simple point was that there isn't enough given here to be negative about but whatever. To each their own.

• Members

Thank you for your post Phoenix! I've been surprised at how often I can read the 'Prevuze one day in advance blog' and think how boring the next day's episode sounds only to be pleasantly surprised the next day. I have to attribute it to the wonderful talent of the cast. IMO they manage to bring to life what seems lackluster in print.

Archived