Lisa Rinna: Headed To Broadway!!

JackPeyton

• Members

GET READY FOR THIS DOUBLE ACT! LISA RINNA AND HARRY HAMLIN MAKE BROADWAY DEBUT STARRING AS ROXIE HART AND BILLY FLYNN IN "CHICAGO" (6 WEEKS ONLY!)

June 19th - July 29th

Husband and Wife, Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna, will dance their way onto the Great White Way making their Broadway debuts in the hit musical CHICAGO. Rinna will star as Roxie Hart while Hamlin takes on the role of Billy Flynn. The pair will start June 19th through July 29th. Prior to June 19th, Lisa Rinna will take to the road joining the National Tour of CHICAGO with stops in Portland, Oregon at Keller Auditorium, May 29th through June 3rd and at the Music Hall at Fair Park in Dallas, Texas, June 5th through June 17th. This is the second time CHICAGO will welcome a husband and wife team, the first was in 2002 with Amy Spanger and Michael C. Hall.

Lisa Rinna, most recently, was seen on the hit ABC TV series “Dancing with the Stars” as well as participating in the national “Dancing with the Stars” tour. She hosted the Oxygen TV series “Tease”, a new reality show focusing on up-and-coming hair stylists vying for an ultimate prize. She also served as co-host of SOAPnet’s daily talk show “Soap Talk” from 2002-2006 and garnered her fourth Emmy® nomination for Talk Show Host for last year’s season. Best known to many daytime TV fans as Billie Reed, the free-spirited character she portrayed in the NBC hit “Days of Our Lives”, she also starred as the “love-to-hate-her” Taylor McBride on primetime TV’s “Melrose Place”.

Harry Hamlin began his career with a Golden Globe nomination for Best Motion Picture Acting Debut in the musical comedy “Movie Movie” and has been working steadily in television, film and stage for three decades. He most recently portrayed the debonair yet troublesome actor Aaron Echolls on the critically acclaimed “Veronica Mars”. His most recent foray on the TV screen had him following his wife’s lead as a participant on “Dancing with the Stars”. Hamlin received three consecutive Golden Globe nominations for his role as attorney Michael Kuzak on “L.A. Law”. Other film roles include “Clash of the Titans” with Sir Laurence Olivier, “Making Love” and Adam Sandler’s nature host rival in “Strange Wilderness”. His stage credits include “Henry V” at the Shakespeare Theatre and “Hamlet” at the McCarter Theatre.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw her performance on DWTS tonight. they had her do a sample from the show. LOVED IT! That girl was FIERCE and she had TALENT. Raw, pure talent. I never knew the old girl had it in her! And I NEVER would have guessed that, of all "Days" actors, she'd be the one to hit it big on Broadway.

congrats, Lis!

• Members

Yeah I enjoyed her tonight on DWTS too. She can dance and while her singing wasn't fantastic, I felt she got by. She fit the role well. I actually worry more about Harry then her as she seems to have the role down. I only hope she takes over for Samantha Harris on DWTS next year because she is a better co-host then her. I know she can be annoying but she is full of energy and alot of fun IMO.

I remember her singing on Days and on Soaptalk. She isn't horrible IMO.

Archived