All: Are There any Fans of the old Dark Shadows?

• Members

I hope there are fans of the old ABC Dark Shadows tv-show from the 1960s and those that have seen it for the 1st time in reruns.I was not even born during its original run of 1966-1971 being that I was born in 1974.I first caught reruns of the show in January 2001 on the SCi-Fi channel and it was showing reruns from 1970 at the time.I enjoyed renting DVDs from netflix of the show.IMO no matter how hooky the show looks to me the show looks like it was tightly written and better than today's soaps.All comments are welcome.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Check out the siggy!! I freakin' love that show. I too, was not even born when it was originally airing, but my mother watched it, had some of the tapes, talked about it all the time, so ever since I can remember I knew that show. Then when Sci-Fi aired it, I watched most of it. Wasn't until a couple of years ago that I picked up the first set of the dvd's and now I'm up to set 7~! There's like 25, I think, :lol: A friend of mine loves it as well. As funny as it sounds, he was named after Quentin Collins, LoL....we watch it all the time...it never get's old. Classic stuff.....LOADS better than Passions ever was.

• Members

I loved the werewolf storylines.When Amy and David were possessed that was some funny stuff to me.I liked the Adam and Eve storyline.I also liked when Quenton Collins and Count Petofi switched minds.I liked seeing the bloopers as well.The main reason the bloopers were left in was because it was costly to do retakes back then.

• Members

I'm pretty sure they just put out the last set, or are about to. The only stuff that hasn't, for sure yet, been put on dvd is the first part of the series, before Barnabas comes in. Word says that they are going to put those on dvd as well, after they finish with the other stuff. :)

• Members

The pre-Barnabas material is grouped into "The Collector's Edition" They plan 6 volumes but you have to join the club directly from the video comany to get them at this point. If you do this the 6th set would be free.

The first volume is out. The 2nd is shipping now. They come out every 2 months.

Archived