OLTL-Kamar de Los Reyes Taking A Break

• Members

Mar 30, 2007 8:15 PM

Subject To all my fans...

Body: I appreciate the overwhelming support you all have given me at this time and I wanted you to hear the news directly from me. I am so sorry to announce to you that I must step down and be recast for a short period of time due to my injuries. This has been such a trying time for me, the torn rotator cuff and the cervical herniations are causing other problems that will not allow me to continue at the pace my storyline currently requires.

I have given all that I have to the character of Antonio Vega but my health is mandating my full attention at this time. I plan to make a full and complete recovery and return to work not much more than a week after my surgery.

During my absence there will be a recast for my character. This is a very important time for Antonio and Jessica; I hope that you will continue to support this storyline, and show as much support for this new actor as Antonio as you have for me.

Your prayers and heartfelt well wishes are very much appreciated. I hope to see all of you very soon.

Blessings,

Kamar de los Reyes

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Though I feel sorry for him, and wish him well... they didn't have to have a recast. It would be nice to not have to watch Antonio Vega (or John McBain, and he doesn't seem to be leaving anytime soon) on screen, they could have just had him leave for a little bit... it's not Antonio hasn't abandoned his family before anyways.

• Members

Not always a fan of Huff 'n Puff (the character) but every time I read or see an interview involving KdlR, I am always struck by how nice and gracious he appears. I didn't even realize his injuries were for real on the show. Hope he recovers well from surgery. However, if he's only going to be away from set a week, I'm surprised OLTL did not decide to reschedule the shoot for his scenes until after his return.

Archived