The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Just thought I'd give a small update...
After heaps of drama, we're in New Zealand with my father and his wife and it's going well. There was some hoopla about whether or not to go visit them in London and a bunch of bickering back and forth, but then since they're were already coming here on holiday, we just joined them here as well. Besides an incident where he was angry that we didn't have an anniversary gift for them for their wedding (he's been married four times, I can't remember all the dates) and then him wanting me to go to the shops and buy her an anniversary gift because he didn't have one (uh...okay), it's been a very pleasant experience. He is responding reasonably well to his treatments, is comfortable, and semi-optimistic. After a few more tests, it seems that the cancer wasn't as bad as the anticipated and that the tumours were fairly contained and hadn't spread as far as they thought. He's been very mellow (for him) and besides the gift incident, no drama has been going on. His wife has been very nice and pleasant and my sister has acted liked a sane person.
Plus, we get views like this.........
A_U3Z4uCAAEWqsr.jpg

• Members

So, the cancer wasn't as bad as you all thought. That is good. I'm hoping your dad makes a full recovery Addie. :)

Also. New Zealand is BEAUTIFUL!!!

What I was going to come here and post was just pure sadness. I find myself having a hard time facing another year single. Come August. If, I'm still single. It'll be six years since I've had a real relationship. And, thinking about that is hard. But, I'm sure I'll pull though.

• Members

You'll find someone Mary. Don't worry about it.

I think my problem has to do more with the fact that I'm pretty picky. And, that I was hurt so bad before. I have trust issues. I've been on a few dates with guys in the past 5 years, and have had offers. But, nobody impresses me much because I'm scared to death that they will do just like my ex-fiance Jay did. Ask me to marry them, me start planning the wedding. And, then going off and screwing another girl and dumping me. Blah.

I'm not desperate by any means. But, I am picky as hell. If someone does one little thing to cause me to have a trust issue with them. It's goodbye.

• Members

I hear ya about being picky. And I've been down the engagement road before with my first love Amanda....we got all the way up to like 2 days before the wedding had a big fight and then she dumped me.....and my last girlfriend Michelle has apparently gone crazy after she broke up with me and apparently thinks I'm out to sabatoge her and bunch of other people too......women....go figure. LOL

• Members

Two days and she dumped you. That's horrible. sad.png

I thought mine was bad with me paying $200 for a passport to go to England...and then being dumped after the fact. Dumped for a girl who seems like the queen slut of England. Then, not being told why I was dumped. Jay just telling me that he wanted out because he was not ready to marry. Then, finding out from his bandmate Jake that he was boinking another girl. And, now he's married to her. 5 years after the fact.

Also, maybe it's a thing with Michelle's. One ruined my friend Kyle's life to the point where he was suicidal. sad.png

Bitch who ruined my life is named Dominque.

Men also seem to be scared of me. I don't know why. I'm not scary. I just seem to put out this mysterious thing. It's weird.

Plus, I'm kind of a homebody now days. I don't get out as much as I should.

• Members

Part of the problem for me is that I'm very shy and perhaps TOO comfortable with my alone time. I don't need to be around a bunch of people all the time to stay entertained. Plus, I resisted going to dances growing up because I got teased VERY badly by girls in middle school and didn't want to deal with it. I also looked kind of awkward in high school (ugly glasses, extra weight--I've since lost a LOT of it and wear contacts now), plus I'm just very dorky in general. I DO feel my attractiveness has gone up--in this past year, I feel more physically attractive than I EVER have before in my life--and college/working in the career field I love has helped me value my chance to be more independent--but then I see how many of my friends/former classmates are engaged/getting married, or see my younger sister, who has a boyfriend, and I can't help feeling like crap sometimes.

At the same time, though, I thank GOD that I'm not pregnant now, or with someone just because I don't want to be alone. I don't want to be in a loveless marriage. Hell, sometimes I think common law is the way to go.

And I really feel like I have a chance to go far in my career path (and I'm still considering grad school, too), and part of me is grateful that I haven't had a relationship to distract me from achieving my dreams yet, because there is SO much I want to do, and have yet to do. What can I say? I grew up in a small county--I'm determined to make it (cue cheesy positive motivational song here laugh.png ).

I don't know, I'm just afraid my first boyfriend, whoever he is, will find that out and it will scare him off, given how old I am now.

• Members

You sound like my aunt. Back when Michelle and I were still dating, she said to watch out for her because of her name....he daughter-in-law is named Michelle too and she can't stand her.....lol.

And I get tired of women just wanting to be my friend. I mean...come on......what is wrong with me? haha

That's odd about men being afraid of you. Maybe you put out some kind of vibe that they pick up on or something.

• Members

I don't want kids and that's another reason I have to be picky. Because, most men want children.

Especially most Christian, Catholic, and Jewish men. And, that's all I'll date.

So, I'm just a picky...picky woman. LOL.

I was teased like hell in school too Mary. I was told after the fact though that it was because people were jealous of me because of my looks. So, they treated me like [!@#$%^&*].

Oh well....their loss of not wanting to be my friend and know me. Damn them.

Ooooh, you're getting a girlfriend maybe. Nice. Don't mess around on her. She won't like that. sad.png

Play nice my friend. Play nice.

Archived