Overheard at Days

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Source issue aside- there was a time when I would've killed for this storyline. I wanted a flash-forward to let them clean up the younger set, back when the younger set sucked ass.

This could be an interesting way to reset things, imho. And it would eliminate the whole mid-section of a lot of stories, which is something Days has trouble pacing. Although it would create dozens of mysteries, something else Days can't do, 'cause we'd need to figure out what happened during Marlena's coma.

Rewriting with a coma fantasy backup plan would be stupid. The show is pretty bad with follow through on major risky stuff, imho, and I'd hate to get involved only for them to undo stuff. It would be risky, anyway, since some of the flash-forward storylines would catch on and be popular even if they don't generate a ratings boost ('cause a ratings boost is very unlikely). So if they're gonna do it they should commit.

Can you imagine the outrage, though, if Marlena went into a coma while John is still in one?

• Members

You seriously took the words out of my mouth! DAYS needs something like this and it involves veterans to certain extent (Give me a break if Marlena starts dreaming about Nick and Chelsea). At the hands of such a good story telling that Hogan is proclaimed to be, this should be amazing to watch.

• Members

Those are my thoughts exactly......

I for one have been waiting for the mods here to start questioning Rion about never citing sources, I didn't cite a source on two occasions when I first started posting spoilers and such and got in trouble; but Rion has gotten away with doing this for quite awhile.......

Rion's attitude and opinions have made a lot of us wonder who he really is....... <_<

• Members

I would have done this story after the Stalker plot had the dead stayed dead. It would have been the only way to erase all the mistakes that were made during that storyline. Now? I'd love to see the show get away from gimmicks like this. Ya, I know Hogan held women captive in a spa and aged them (something he never should have done on ATWT but he did), but he didn't do anything too outlandish after that.

I still say it's just wishful thinking.

• Members

Are you sure about that last sentence, Kenny? Because, in order for this story to move forward, the events of the lost year would be told in flasback, as Rion says, throught the "remainder of the series." Which means it would rely on "Days" ending in 2009. Surely we don't want THAT part of it! :unsure:

• Members

If you have Preview information that does not consitute Weekly Previews, you may post the information in the 'DTS: Spoiler Island' forum as long as the source of your information gives you their permission and you provide a link back (if available) to your source.

If he heard it by word of mouth, there's no way to link back. And if it's from a friend/source, he's not going to say their name here.

He stated it was a "rumour" and he did not report it as summer previews, so there isn't a problem.

Take it with a grain of salt, like you would any other rumour.

Archived