Overheard at Days

• Members

This is only a rumor at this point, but reportedly Ken Corday is looking for a stunt to spike ratings, much like the way the Stalker storyline boosted ratings (albeit temporarily).

Apparently the plan is to have Marlena get injured and go into a coma on a Friday episode, and then on the Monday episode, she will wake up, but one year will have passed.

Marlena will awaken to a whole new status quo. Some characters will be dead, different couples will be together, new babies will have been born. Through a series of flashback episodes to air throughout the remainder of the series, the audience will learn what happened during that lost year.

And if this plan doesn't work out? Look for the lost year to turn out to be Marlena's dream, and she will awaken from her coma in real time.

If this happens, expect to see it play out this summer.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't buy it.

Rion, I would like to know your source for all this stuff you post. Normally, sources are needed so we can check out where they came from to make sure they are reliable so why don't you start sharing your sources from now on. It just makes things easier for everyone to take.

• Members

A coma? Well now, that is definitely a new twist NOT. Marlena in a coma, pardon me while I laugh. Also, thinking about the Pam dream in which Bobby was dead and the total let down for a whole wasted year just should be warning enough about trying that with Days fans. I do believe that Hogan already has his summer plotted and planned out which does not involve anything like this.

Archived