Trevor St. John: says he did not call his bosses 'idiots'

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a liberal down to my core, however, I don't think the F-bomb is a great word. You know, there should be some respect for civility. There are bad words and there are inappropriate words. The F-word is inappropriate. Chewing with your mouth open is bad manners, picking your nose in public is bad manners and some use of the language is bad manners.

I admit that it bothers me that there is no difference between words that should be used in private convesations and even then sparingly and words that it's OK to use in public and not sparingly. So I guess the next question is what is OK and what isn't and who decides. In this case, I think it's norm and I think that maybe we've been far too lax in the norm as of late. OK off my soapbox. Honestly, the only reason I weighed in is because of some idea that because I am politically liberal, I excuse bad manners. I feel like it's like a small majority of conservatives who believe I will go to hell because I don't vote Republican. LOL.

On to Trevor's remarks. I think TPTB are brilliant for not liking Todd and Evangeline. I think they are a bomb not da bomb. I must agree strongly with the previous post, however. I think Blair is great and really she is so much better than Not Todd. I also think that TSJ did call em idiots. I guess TPTB aren't totally caving into his contract demands as of yet.

It really is the character who is the star and not necessarily the actors who play him, IMO>

• Members

LOL, Jess, talk about different strokes for different folks. I really enjoy watching Todd & Evangeline AND I like TSJ's portrayal of SortaNuTodd! :lol: Even if it's not how Roger Howarth would have played it. RH was very much opposed to Todd becoming in a viable romantic lead. TPTB and TSJ don't seem to have a problem with that.

On the other hand, Todd is treating Blair badly -- and, in fact, has done all these years -- and she really does deserve better. I'd like to see her stop begging and start rejecting him.

My ideal would be to have both TSJ and RH on OLTL, but that's just me.

As for what TSJ may (or may not) have said. Well, if he did say that, he's absolutely right. TIIC are idiots. IMO it sounds like he's covering his a$$ in the midst of contract negotiations.

• Members

I agree.

Todd will never be a viable romantic lead. The character has raped multiple women, and attempted to rape too many times for his rapist tendencies to be glossed over ala a Luke. The violent sociopath part of the character is also the defining part of the character. That IMO is what TSJ and Dena both don't get.

I agree.

I'll go one further, the show could stand just as much a break from Todd as it can from John.

• Members

I agree there Cat. :lol: It is different strokes for different folks. It's interesting that Todd, Podd or Not!Todd does seem to generate such polarizing opinions. RH didn't want to play the character as romantic lead and considering Todd's past, there is good reason, IMO.

I will be curious to see what happens.

Archived