Days: Mondays show...

• Members

Well i'm only 15 minutes into the episode, but so far its great...there was one scene in particular that prompted me to start this thread...Sami telling Chelsea about her seeing Marlena and John having the affair, and all the things it lead her to do...(the eating disorder, kidnapping Belle, and hating her step-father for years)...Amazing use of history, and more evidence that Chelsea and Sami are very alike...

Marlena and Kayla---Finally we get to see Marlena...finally we get to see her respond to John's kidney removed...Its about freaking time...I'm glad we get 3 days of Marlena this week...She's been sorely missed...

Willow and Nick---i'm open for them as friends, because i know its going to drive Chelsea crazy...

I'll post more when i've watched the next episode...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked the Kayla and Marlena scenes. There was a little bit of undercurrent of tension from Marlena - which is understandable and arguably appropriate. Yet she did acknowledge that she believed Kayla saved John's life by doing the operation rather than the hack organ harvester. Loved the little laugh Kayla gave when she picked the lock. I think we are going to see some movement with Steve and Kayla this week.

EJ and Sami - blah blah. I agree with Sami - just back off for awhile.

Great Sami and Chelsea scenes. I loved the way that Sami is encouraging Chelsea. She is in a great position to offer that kind of advice. Alison and Rachel both looked lovely today.

Nick Fallon rocks - he was my hero today. He is such a good, decent and honest person. Very sweet trying to help Willow. Glad to see him owning up with Chelsea as well as chiding her when she criticized his help to Willow.

Willow finally interested me today. It will be interesting to see how the pregnancy affects her as it progresses. I know someone in a very similar situation in real life (except the hooker part lol), and their emotions toward the baby really changed as the pregnancy progressed.

• Members

More great Sami/Chelsea scenes. I kind of wish the writers would be more subtle about their similarities, though the history mentions were great.

Could have done without version 658767 of EJ taunting Sami.

I never thought the day would come when I was happy and relieved to see Marlena. :P

• Members

Good show today. Highlights for me were the Chelsea/Sami scenes. I like how they are using Sami to help Chelsea get through her anger as well as showing the growth of both characters. I liked the Kayla/Marlena scenes especially Kayla picking the lock and her dragging Marlena out the door as they hurried to try to find Steve. I'm glad they are using Marlena here as there are parallels between John/Marlena's situation and Steve/Kayla's. I'll have to admit that I felt sorry for Willow today, and I'm glad they are using her to make Chelsea jealous. It shows the audience that despite what she is saying, Chelsea still has feelings for Nick.

Regarding Marlena and John, does anyone know if their lack of airtime has anything to do with Drake? I don't think we have heard anything from him these last couple of months. Maybe he requested time off?

• Members

I still think he did. Ever since the news broke about what happened to his family in January, I have thought this. Drake has never been off this long, except the hiatus last summer but even then he spoke about it. We have heard nothing from him or Deidre. I still think he asked for time and wanted it kept private-just like Dee did with her divorce in 2005. We never found out about that for months. Drake may have been afraid to go public with anything given what happened to him and his family and the attention that incident brought with it. The fact that Drake wasn't even used in the scenes where John's kidney was removed tells me that this may have been more a personal thing then a budget thing in Drake's case. I think with Drake being off the TPTB took advantage of the situation and scrapped the stories they had for the big 4 to save money since they had to re-write anyway with Drake off. That would explain alot but that is my theory. One I totally beleive.

Anyway, today was good. Great to see Marlena. Dee did look a bit off though. She looks like she has been through the ringer, which brings up another point. There are rumors that Dee is having divorce issues still so that may be playing a role in the use of her. Anyway, I like how there was a tension between her and Kayla and good to see the kidney situation addressed. The Marlena/Kayla scenes were just great. The way they are tracking Billie and Steve is good.

I really like Pinson and Nichols in scenes together. You can still see Billie being strong but also afraid because she realizes this isn't the Steve she knows. I love these scenes. Lots of tension and a nice cliffhanger. It's funny how this car accident happened on a Monday just like Lexie and Tek's, which also had a similar ending to their episode. I was totally thinking of that episode with Lexie and Tek today when we saw that car accident. It happens exactly the same way minus the flashing headlight in back.

Chelsea/Sami was great. They both looked gorgeous and I loved how Sami brought up the affair and how it affected her in her actions after. I am growing tired of EJ taunting Sami but I do like his little cat and mouse games with her, Kate, and Kayla. The way he acted like he was doing Kayla and Kate a favor when he was kind of doing it for himself too was great. I love EJ/Kate. They are hot. I just knew Kate had an ulterior motive for throwing the shower. Same old Kate. Gotta love her. Loved Kate's scenes with Lucas too.

Willow/Nick was interesting. I liked it and I like that they are making Willow a character now and not a prop. Her emotions with having a baby and all are realisitic. Liked her getting involved with Chelsea and Nick and Chelsea going after Willow and warning her to stay away from Nick is great.

Good show. The show is getting better by the day.

• Members

MARLENA DAY!!!!!! FINALLY! A month and no Marlena makes me a very very unhappy, bored viewer. The pretty is back! For three days at least. And she got in some good lines. Glad she didn't ooh and ahh over Patchy with Kayla. The man did in fact almost kill her husband, and she was able to stay civil with the woman who helped him. I love when Dee gets to give Marlena some tude, and she was sticking up for her man. I loved that they mentioned that while John went through hell and was brainwashed etc, Marlena was never once afraid of him.

Drake has NOT requested this time off. I truly belive his fanclub members would know, and they are all pissed off.

• Members

I definitely did not think this episode was bad at all.

But it wasn't great either. The same problems are still there. I hated Marlena's non-reaction to John's kidney being stolen. And this whole Steve thing has been played out so many times. Nick and Willow, oh how sweet (GAG). They are really trying to garner sympathy for her in this front and center role here, it is sad. Nick is just everywhere, which is annoying IMO.

On to the good things... It was awesome seeing Marlena and Kayla. Loved Billie and Steve. Pinson is awesome. Sami and Chelsea are interesting. (Hated the beaten and boring Sami and EJ talk (and Kate and EJ talk too)). Hopefully this Steve storyline goes some where fast!!

Regarding Drake... didn't we see John in some faux fantasy scenes in February or late-mid January? Those were taped after New Year's weren't they?

• Members

Marlena did have a reaction to John's kidney. There was an underlying tension to all her scenes with Kayla and she did have that line after Kayla apologized where she said "You obviously not sorry enough." There was reaction. This is only the second time Steve escaped so I don't see it as played out. I think the fact that the story dragged through sweeps a bit is what makes people think it has been played many times.

As for Nick, he has been off for a week so he really isn't all over the place. Willow was on alot last week but before that point she was on here and there. I actually thought Kate/EJ was good only because we haven't seen it in awhile. Sami/EJ I totally agree with.

As for Drake, I beleive that was taped after New Year's but it doesn't make a difference. I still think Drake took time off. The fact he was in the episode where Steve kidnapped him and then wasn't on the two days following that where his kidney was taken makes no sense unless they didn't have him available. Sure, there could be budget reasons but it just seems weird they would use him for the kidnapping scenes and not for the surgery. He was on a little bit in January so maybe he took time off later or maybe Dee took time off. Someone posted she was having issues with her divorce or something. Who knows. All I know is I think part of it is on the show and part of it may be on the actor's. I think it's a combo issue but Marlena is back on and hopefully John isn't far behind so I am going to think positively as usual.

• Members

I missed today's show, so I'm watching it now. So far, everything seems good.

I love Sami/Chelsea as always. I'm glad that Sami is finally taking Chelsea under her wing. She's like her big sister. :)

And I know that some are picking up on the same sets being used everyday, but I'm glad Mythic is part of that group of sets being used. I'll never forgive the show for tearing down Titan to build Mythic, but at least the business is still up and running and we can see where Kate, Lucas, EJ, etc. work. I'm liking how the writers are making Kate mellow this time around. You can still see that she doesn not want this wedding to take place, but she's not over the top and trying to find ways to stop like past weddings. Finally, Lucas stood up to her.

Marlena!

• Members

I am not liking how everyone's calling their parents and grandparents by their first names. First, Philip was calling his father "Victor," and now Chelsea is calling her grandmother "Kate." I don't like it at all. I know it's not that big of a deal, but it's weird. I can understand Chelesa calling Billie by her first name as they are on the outs right now, but that's the only case.

And I find it hilarious that the writers would dare bring up the topic of Sami kidnapping Belle. It's ridiculous. When did Sami kidnap her, when she was 5?

• Members

DAYS has been consistently good the past 8 or so episodes IMO. Today was still a little too boring and I am tired of EJ being everywhere, but the show is slowly getting better.

I am loving Pinson being on so much and her and Nichols play off other very well. I perfer Billie with Steve anyway, I just can't get into liking Kayla even though she has become more fiesty the last month or so.

Is it just me or is or has Deidre Hall been different the last few months she has been on screen? Either she is playing Marlena in a different way or in real life she is having some problems. I notice it everytime she has been on the last 3 or 4 months even though she hasnt appeared in many episodes this year.

I wouldnt mind seeing a Chelsea/Willow rivalry, I think the only time I enjoy AB as Willow is when she is being fierce and !@#$%^&*]y. I already love Melvin so the more I see of her the better.

Archived