AMC: Rate the Characters 2007 Edition

• Members

Update for today.

So far the same person who was leading yesterday is still there. He/she remains the only character to not make it in any body's bottom 10 so far.

There are still 3 characters that have not made it in the Top 10 either. Strangley none of them are the least favorite character.

Today things changed for some. Since more votes are in and things are really changing I will up the stats reporting to higher numbers.

Most finishes in the Top 10 now are: Adam, Bianca, Erica, Jackson, Janet, Kendall, Myrtle, Opal, Palmer, & Tad with JR, Stuart, Zack, & Zarf/Zoe not far behind now

Named as favorite character at least Twice: Adam, Babe, JR, Jackson, Janet, Kendall & Tad

Most Finishes in the Bottom 10 are: Annie, Del, Derek, Jeff, Jonathan, Joshua, Krystle, and Ryan with honorable mention to Babe, Colby, JR, Joe, Livia, Marian, Sean, and Zarf/Zoe

Named as Least Favorite at least Twice are: Babe, JR, Josh, Ryan, & Zarf/Zoe

I will say that none of those on that last list on the bottom right now though.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Bianca was in my top 5 last time, so it really hurt to drop her down to my #15 or #16, but I just can't stand her spewing the same old "Babe is Love" crap that everyone else does, and I also can't stand her with Zoe AS A ROMANTIC PARTNER. I don't mind Zoe, and it's great for them to be friends, but I just can't get with Bianca having romantic feelings for Zoe.

I put Babe, Josh, and Jonathan as my bottom 3.

• Members

Just a little teaser before tomorrows results are revealed.

Votes haven't come in again until yesterday so no need for updates until now. The same leader is still leading. He/she still remains the only character to not be put in anyone's bottom 10. There are still the same 3 characters that have never been put in anyone's top 10 too.

Top 10 People Named in the Top 10 by Voters (not in order)

Adam, Bianca, Erica, Jackson, Janet, Kendall, Myrtle, Opal, Palmer, Stuart, Tad, Zack, & Zarf/Zoe

Top 10 People Named in the Bottom 10 by Voters (not in order)

Annie, Babe, Del, Derek, JR, Jeff, Jonathan, Josh, Krystle, Ryan & Sean

People Named as Favorite Character:

Adam, Babe, Bianca, Erica, JR, Jackson, Janet, Kendall, Tad & Zack

People Named as Least Favorite Character

Adam, Babe, Derek, JR, Jeff, Josh, Julia, Kendall, Krystle, Marian, Opal, Ryan, Zack, Zarf/Zoe

Just because I think it is significant, I'll name all the ones who have at least 5 finishes in the Top 10:

Adam, Amanda, Babe, Bianca, Di, Erica, JR, Jackson, Janet, Josh, Kendall, Krystle, Lily, Myrtle, Opal, Palmer, Stuart, Tad, Zack, & Zarf/Zoe

Not to give anything away I will not name all the ones who have at least 5 appearances in the bottom 10 until tomorrow.

There is still time to get your votes in. Please remember none will be accepted after midnight.

• Members

The Results:

Top 5 Finishes As No. 1 Character:

1) Janet Green / Tad Martin - 4

3) Adam Chandler / J.R. Chandler / Kendall Slater - 3

Others named top character:

2 each: Babe Chandler, Bianca Montgomery, Erica Kane, Jackson Montgomery

1 time: Zack Slater

Top 5 Finishes as Least Favorite Character:

1) Babe Chandler - 5

2) Zarf/Zoe - 4

3) J. R. Chandler / Josh Madden - 3

4) Kendall Slater / Ryan Lavery - 2

Others named least favorite character:

1 each: Adam Chandler, Derek Frye, Jeff Martin, Julia Santos, Krystle Chandler, Marian Chandler, Opal Cortlandt, & Zack Slater

Top 10 Finishes in Top 10 Characters:

1) Tad Martin - 18

2) Erica Kane / Myrtle Fargate - 16

4) Adam Chandler - 15

5) Janet Green / Kendall Slater / Opal Cortlandt - 14

8) Bianca Montgomery - 13

9) Palmer Cortlandt / Zack Slater - 11

Honorable Mention:

10 each: Stuart Chandler, Zarf/Zoe;

9 each: J.R. Chandler;

8 each: Babe Chandler;

7 each: Josh Madden;

6 each: Amanda Dillon, Di Henry, Lily Montgomery

Top 10 Finishes in Bottom 10 Characters:

1) Jeff Martin / Jonathan Lavery - 19

3) Derek Frye / Josh Madden - 15

5) Annie McDermott / Del Henry / Ryan Chandler - 13

7) Krystle Chandler - 12

8) Babe Chandler / Sean Montgomery - 11

10) J. R. Chandler - 10

Honorable Mention:

8 each: Marian Chandler

7 each: Joe Martin, Livia Cudahy, Zarf/Zoe

6 each: Colby Chandler, Jamie Martin,

5 each: Zack Slater

Now the results (first score is their average this time/second score is average last time for the characters involved last time)

03 01) Tad Martin - 7.50 / 11.57

01 02) Adam Chandler - 10.08 / 9.57*

02 03) Erica Kane - 10.38 / 11.24

00 04) Janet Green - 10.50 / NA

00 05) Bianca Montgomery - 10.58 / NA

07 06) Myrtle Fargate - 10.92 / 14.76

09 07) Opal Cortlandt - 11.50 / 16.52

04 08) Kendall Slater - 11.54 / 12.19

19 09) Jackson Montgomery - 12.58 / 22.38

07 10) Stuart Chandler - 14.00 / 14.76

11) Palmer Cortlandt - 14.50 / 17.57 - he was the #10 favorite character last time

12) Zack Slater - 14.54 / 18.48

13) Di Henry - 15.38 / 24.05

14) Lily Montgomery - 16.13 / 22.38

15) Zarf/Zoe - 16.38 / NA

16) Amanda Dillon - 16.75 / 22.90

17) JR Chandler - 17.00 / 14.52* - he was the #6 favorite character last time

18) Jamie Martin - 18.00 / 19.95

19) Livia Cudahy - 18.33 / 22.19

20) Aidan Devane - 18.63 / 22.95

20) Joe Martin - 18.63 / 17.76*

20) Julia Santos - 18.63 / 22.62

23) Marian Chandler - 19.13 / 21.91

24) Babe Chandler - 19.79 / 26.67

25) Colby Chandler - 21.33 / 29.05

26) Krystle Chandler - 21.88 / 25.33

27) Sean Montgomery - 23.00 / 35.33

28) Ryan Lavery - 23.13 / 19.43*

29) Annie McDermott - 23.29 / 32.33

29) Josh Madden - 23.29 / 32.24

31) Del Henry - 24.29 / 26.48

32) Derek Fry - 25.33 / 32.29

33) Jeff Martin - 27.33 / 24.90*

34) Jonathan Lavery - 27.88 / 28.67

*Most people improved their scores from last time but these marked are the only ones who didn't.

Bottom characters last time were: 1) Terry McDermott (37.52); 2) Sean Montgomery (35.33); 3) Val (33.38); 4) Sydney Harris (32.62); 5) Jamal Cudahy (32.48); 5) Erin Lavery (32.48); 7) Annie McDermott (32.33); 8) Derek Fry (32.29); 9) Josh Madden (32.24); 10) Colby Chandler (29.25)

The ones in bold now have 2 finishes in the bottom 10 characters.

No Finishes in the Bottom 10: Tad Martin (he had 3 the last time)

No Finishes in the Top 10: Annie McDermott (had 1 the last time), Derek Fry (had 1 the last time) & Jeff Martin (had 3 the last time)

Would love to hear your comments now.

• Members

Julia had several haters and she did get the one pick for Worst Character where Di didn't.

Di got a lot of love this time around. She had 6 picks in the top 10, and only 2 in the bottom 10.

Julia got 2 picks in the Top 10, 4 picks in the bottom 10 and that one pick as Worst Character.

I was surprised myself to see Dr. Joe get 7 picks in the bottom 10 and some of them were pretty low. I was actually surprised as low as he was picked at times that he actually did as well as he did.

I forgot to add that I was so shocked when Opal led the results for quite some time, and then some voters came along and put her in the bottom and one put at the very bottom. She never got back up higher than she finished.

• Members

Thanks for doing these Steve! Interesting results...

I'm surprised there are major Julia haters out there. I'd love to hear why they don't really like her.

I'm happy to see Di and Amanda place higher than normal - wish we could see them more often on-screen.

Joe Martin being so low surprises me. JR getting much lower than last time isn't surprising though - they've ruined his character so much.

I wish Marian was higher too...I have a feeling lots of voters prob. don't really know her that much. I really think they'd love the old Marian we all used to know. She's a riot.

• Members

I think one of the differences that some of them did better than they did last time is that I changed the voting procedures some.

I didn't expect some of the things I got last time. AMC was the 3rd one that I participated in last time. ATWT had one or two minor problems, but nothing major that made me change the rules.

Then I did the AMC one last time. Some people changed their votes several times which I could understand some of the problems so I did it each time.

But the things that surprised me the most was getting ballots where 2 characters were picked as #1 ties and then last time we had 37 characters - there were 22 characters tied for #30 and the rest were scattered out between numbers 31-37.

Some were not that drastic but had similar problems where they would have as many as 10 tied for low numbers.

I didn't say anything then but I felt somewhat uncomfortable with the numbers last time. I feel better about these. Many of the ones who voted last time didn't vote this time. I don't know if that prevented them from voting this time or not.

You will see just about everyone's numbers actually improved some except for a few. The top 10 basically stayed the same except for #5 Brooke is gone from the show, and both Janet & Bianca weren't included last time. They jumped in and pushed Palmer out of the top 10 and as you said JR lost a lot of ground. And Jackson jumped way up.

So I think these results are more accurate and definitely recent stuff like that with JR have influenced some but JR still did pretty good with some. He was put in the top 10 quite a bit as well as the bottom 10.

I was surprised by Tad who after he took over the lead this time staying there. He got as far as 4 points away from his nearest competion at one point.

• Members

I'm pleased to say that I picked Julia Santos as worst character. I actually liked Julia the first time around until they put her with Noah. Since then, she's nothing but dull & dreary to me.

It's more what she's lacking now that she used to have. Julia used to be spunky, sort of bratty in some aspects- she had a sharp tongue and an answer for everything. She's so watered down now, it's isn't even funny. She pales in comparison to the Julia of the 90s IMO.

Archived