DAYS: Hogan Sheffers ORIGINAL Interview

• Members

Well I just happened to stumble upon this while looking for this pic. This is Hogan's original interview. I don't know if you can post direct scans here (I remember there being some type of issue about them), so here is the link.

First things first, I don't see where he mentions complete focus on the new generation or teens/youngsters. People said that is what he said was his intention "all along". Second of all, I know people are going to jump in and say "things changed", but I think that is all BS. From the get go none of Hogan's promises were really delivered, except maybe Kate and EJ sleeping together. He focused on the vets a little and that was it. All the budget talks keep getting shut down by Corday who says what we see is what we are supposed so why should we believe that there is a budget issue? Because people use that as an excuse for everything?

Also Hogan mentioned bringing the audiences back but he has not done that (and has not come close to it either) since he has been here, so why hasn't anything changed?

Everyone kept saying he didn't say that he was not going to bring in new families (and that he said he was going to bring in new characters to tell stories?), nope, that's not what he says here... "I would like to build more of a Horton clan, but I have no desire to bring in my own family, I think that is despicable, I really do". There's more but it's just more nonsense. He has introduced a mother and daughter and a brother and sister. Those are new families... funny, he even goes on to say "You bring in a new family, nobody has any investment in them whatsoever."

Funny he also says "When you make changes you need those veteran characters that the core audience can still relate to and you can still do the old romantic stuff and flashbacks"...

Here are the links

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/RidgeSON/HS1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/RidgeSON/HS2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/RidgeSON/HS3.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And again.........................

The fact that Hogan's previews for 2007 were going all well into mid-January when ALL of the vets disappeared following those budget rumors says a lot to me. I will not give up on Hogan b/c I don't blame him for what's going on.

I blame NBC and Corday.

• Members

Hogan cannot control the audiences. He CANNOT take the blame at all for the fans not watching. He has written good stories and as Ryan said everything up until the budget rumours and mid-Janurary everything he said was true.

As for bringing on new families, it depends on what he means by families. I know technically Jed/Willow and Gabby/Duck are a "family", but on soaps I consider a family to be either a group of three or four. Mabye Hogan considers that too. If a person says they are going to bring a new family on a show, I would consider that to be more than only two people. If a third party comes into Willow or Gabby's family, then yeah I will be worried but right now I do not consider Willo/Jed or Gabby/Duck to be a "family".

• Members

If Hogan has had his stories vetoed by NBC or Corday, why is he keeping quiet about it? This is HIS crediblity and reputation on the line. The longer he keeps his silence, the more it fuels the impression that he had these stories planned all along and that he doesn't keep his promises. I would love to lay all the blame on Corday/NBC but all we have is internet speculation to go on. Hogan himself needs to speak out.

• Members

Thank you Ponz... Exactly. Hogan left ATWT on his own accord. This is his reputation on the line if he is being walked over, he should walk OUT the door and keep his integrity in tact.

If he wrote what he promised, people would be watching. When you see fans are not liking what you are writing, you should CHANGE it, that is IN Hogan's control. Hogan's stories aren't good, this whole Steve saga SUCKS and the younger stories are on way too much to be enjoyable IMO. The budget rumors are just that rumors... And like I said before, it is now mid-March and this probably has been going on long enough for them to fix it and do something about it. Whether families are debatable is not devoid of the fact that these are still 4 new characters that people have to get adjusted to (in his own words!).

• Members

I wholeheartedly agree and I agree with dawn and daysfan too. Something happened in January and while I wish they would speak about it, I know they won't. Nonetheless, throwing out blame will do anything because we don't know what is happening. It could be the actors, Hogan, Corday, etc. Who knows. Many are just assuming. It is more likely this is NBC and Corday but we really don't know.

I think Kevin Reilly's statement is a bigger issue then some realize. Days's ratings have gone down before and the balance has been bad before but never was there a drop like this. Never. The bleeding started right after that comment. Coincidence? I think not. It's hard for fans to invest when they know a show can be gone in two years. Now some will say that those that don't go online or read mags won't know. A majority of them will because they have people that surf the net or read things and will tell them. News travels in this day and age so they know and that is probably hurting the show more then anything else. The balance is an issue and so is the fact that not much happens but the cancellation issue is the big one for me.

• Members

I see where you are coming from, but Days has the most fickle fan bases no matter what ANY headwriter does whether it is Hogan Sheffer or James Reilly, one of them is going to be mad. Possibly more. They will neevr be settled.

Even though Corday has said the budget rumours are not true, I won't believe him. SOMETHING is going on and whether it be the budget or something else I know things are just NOT alright at Days now. I don't understand why the big 4 are not being shown because they have contracts so they must be payed anyway....

And as for changing stories, that is not the way to go. JER changed the whole SSK story once fans did not like it and look what happened there. In the end it is much worse to change a story.

• Members

Hogan deserves partial blame. The Kayla/Steve story is absoultely horrible. Is Steve Nicols being paid to scream and act like he is coming off some bad crack?

The Belle story makes even less sense. What mother jumps off a boat with her hcild into freezong water?! Phillip is not even Claire's father. Victor is Shawn's grandson and he has never been so polarized against factions of his own family. He should be fighting for the Kiriakis heir that Phillip did sire with Mimi.

EJ's getting on my nerves. He is becoming a cardboard villain.

Chelsea/Nick/Billie save the hsow for me.

• Members

:lol: I agree, the SHELLE ship storyline was out there for me. I hated the ending. I don't mind the island stuff we're seeing now.

As for Victor wanting Philip to have Claire, I understand that. Philip loves Claire. She's the little girl that he raised, so yes, he is her father. Why would Philip want the mistake child? That storyline was so ridiculous and stupid that I'm glad Hogan dropped it like a hot potato. And Shawn's made it perfectly clear that he no longer views Victor as family. One can only take that for so long before one grants the wish. I'm glad Victor's finally dishing back the hatred that Shawn shows him. Besides, Bo and Shawn are only Kiriakeses when they need something. Ungrateful bastards! :angry:

• Members

ITA with the Kiriakis thing Drew. Bo especially has made it clear he is Shawn Sr.'s son and not Victor's. Shawn was raised as a Brady and after this he wants nothing to do with Victor either. Victor being who he is has probably accepted the fact Bo and Shawn do not want to be his famioly so he's not gonna treat them like his family. Philip is the true Kiriakis heir and the one that Victor raised and the one that has not turned on Victor so it only makes sense for Victor to help Philip and not Shawn!

• Members

At this point, there are no excuses. Point is, Hogan has not delivered what he promised. even if for many he has still delivered well enough. I'm not going to sit back and cheer him on. Yes, I love the show, but I'd love it even more if we were seeing what he promised us we would. I don't give two rats about budget issues or not buget issues. Don't make promises you can not or do not intend to keep. Simple as that.

Archived