What would you do to improve ATWT?

• Members

If you could give TPTB suggestions to improve ATWT what would they be? It can be backburning character..to storyline suggestions...etc.

First thing I would do is backburn Katie and Gwen. They have been on way too much. And give the vets some meaty storylines.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1) My first would be to bring on Gary Tomlin to produce and write. I think he would be great at ATWT. Donna Swajeski could even be brought on to assist him but I would love Meg Bennett in that capacity too.

2) Do not backburner anyone. Days has made that mistake. Just put everyone on an even plane. Don't have any character dominate for more than a few weeks at a time. Just create stories for everyone from the oldest to the youngest set.

3) Put the business world back front and center. Esp. put Carly back in the fashion world and involved with Lisa and Barbara in that area again.

4) Replace Roger Howarth as Paul. Howarth is a good actor but he is just not Paul. Personal choices to replace him would be William DeVry or Paul Anthony Stewart. Stewart would look like James Stenbeck's son to me. Along with that I would get rid of the current storyline with him quickly.

5) Bring back Rosanna. If Cady didn't want to return hire Noelle Beck for the role.

6) Austin Peck needs to be replaced as Brad or the character just done away with.

7) Put the full focus back on family with some murder & mystery thrown in.

8) Get Luke a love interest and further show the rest of Oakdale dealing with it. See other characters react the first time they went out to eat.

9) Restore ethnic balance back too. Get Jessica back to the forefront.

10) Once again explore some of ATWT's history.

• Members

First I would have never hired Robin Mattson to play a Madam, She could have been brought on as a recast Sam, Lucinda's sister or even a recast Diana McColl. I would have even did a crossover had be Hope Bauer from Guiding Light, but not a Madam. I would bring back John Dixon throw him in a love triangle with Lisa & Lucinda. I have Victor Pryor come to the show as Don Hughes and enter into a love story with Emma. Emily learn she have cancer and Tom rush to be by her and Daniel's side leading to a problem in Tom & Margo's marriage. Margo will seek comfort in her mother and father, but will more comfort in Cass Winthrop!!!!

Bianca (Terri Ivens), Lucinda's other daughter, would return and take a liking to Paul, but Lucinda, Barbara, & John are against. Lucinda & Barbara would have feud in this storyline not only about Bianca & Paul, but John as well.

Ben & Jessica renew their relationship once Jessica is pregnant with twins.

A Storm will hit Oakdale and many people will be stranded about town. Susan & Bob will be stuck in the hospital Elevator, while Kim is trap in her car after it hits a tree. Nancy is trap in WOAK with a craze Paul & James. Cass & Margo are trap in his penthouse, while Tom is just at his door with his estranged wife, Lila!!! Craig is trapped with Carly, while Jack is trapped with Sierra (Finn Carter) and someone will make their way back to Oakdale in the wake of all this........................Rick Ryan (Robert Keller Kelly), Barbara's Brother!!!!

• Members

Fire Jean Passanante!!

I'm ready to give up on Paul myself. Someone needs to kick Goutman and commit to a "vision" of Paul that last more than three minutes. The suffering Hamlet routine got old somewhere around the first go-round with Rosanna. Paul needs to be a "do-er", not a reactionary.

Get rid of Katie and Brad. I know it's breaking one of Marland's gospel "rules", but I don't feel there's really any way to redeem Katie. Brad is useless as played by AP. Why waste our time and their money with trying to find something for him to do?

It's time to restock the Hughes'. Bring back Andy, Chris, Frannie, Sabrina, someone who has a legitimate claim to the Hughes name. And don't give them a personality transplant to accomodate story! Andy could be Luke's AA sponsor (*eyeroll* yeah, I know Luke's drinking problem went away once he came out...big mistake I think..); Chris could pick up with Emily. Frannie or Sabrina could have a child in tow (as could Andy) to interact with the preteens Faith and Parker. Frannie was a psychologist I think, back in the day and could treat Faith. And if Andy brought his daughter Hope with him, they could revisit the Faith/Hope baby switch. Imagine how Faith would react seeing a Hope who she felt fit in better with her family than she does.

Family should interact more. It's criminal that all the families on the show are so fragmented.

• Members

I love the thought of Diana coming back too, but the McColl's have been away from the show for so long I don't want them back right now. Diana would fit into the same age group as Barbara and Margo and I think they should be used first.

I would love to see more important characters like either Annie or Dee Stewart (esp. Dee) and either Lisa's son, Scott, or Frannie & Sabrina return.

Before Annie got involved with Jeff Ward there was a brief flirtation with Tom. Annie & Jeff could be divorcing and Annie return to town. It would be neat to find Tom & Annie turn to one another.

Robin Mattson would have been a perfect recast for Dee and she could have returned with her own business or as a new designer.

I would like returns of characters with ties to the central core families than I would say someone like Diana McColl or even Sam

• Members

I agree with that last part. That is the big reason I would rather see some of the fragmented families be brought together more.

I think Katie, Margo & Craig need their mother back too. Lyla could be on recurring, but she is needed to tie the family back together.

I love your idea about Andy. I think having Andy back as Paul's best bud would help with the Paul situation too.

Right now since Barbara is not appearing that much with Paul and Will that family really seems fragmented. They are never shown together. That needs to be fixed big time, and having Barbara like Gwen doesn't help matters either.

• Members

1. Fire Jean Passanante. Replace her with Richard & Carolyn Culliton as HW's and make Claire Labine Co-HW.

2. Fire Chris Goutman. Replace him with Francesca James.

3. Backburn Will, Gwen, Katie, Jade, Paul, Dusty, Emily, etc.

4. Give good storylines to Tom, Margo, Bob, Kim, Lisa, Lucinda, Lily, Holden, Barbara, and Susan.

5. When bringing a character back, start by asking the original portrayer to return first.

6. Make the Hughes family central again.

That's all I can think of for now.

Archived