• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm up for an ongoing discussion. I love this show. I'm so glad I got into it. I only wish I had done so sooner.

I love the way Rae laid into Seneca the other day. It wasn't rational, but I still loved it. He basically married a little girl and then has the nerve to go on about how he has no responsibility to her the second things get tough. He really makes me mad.

I'm not sure what I think of Faith. I'm torn. I think she should have seen the warning signs that trouble was ahead, of course. I also don't like the way she keeps saying that Jill isn't her sister.

I can't wait for Shivon (sp?) to find out what Joe has been up to.

I love Mauve. Soap matrons are the best.

• Members

I, too, love this show.

But I don't see Seneca the way you do. Yes, he has to take responsiblity for this debacle with Kim, but I think that is what he is doing or has done. He calmed her down and told her that she would not be who she is if she became what he wanted. He told her that they do not belong together. I just hope he does not allow Rae's words to make him soften towards Kim. She is so ridiculous, but I enjoy watching her.

Faith??? I really like this character, but she is being unreasonable and she certainly does not want to take any responsibility here. Frank was simply OFF LIMITS. She ingnored that. She also ingnored the warnings of everyone. I still think she was trying to "one up" Jill by seeing if Frank could love her more than he did Jill. That's impossible! I would like to see her with Seneca.

It has been so long, so I don't know who either was with next. But I can hope.

Counting the minutes til Joe is busted. And STUPID STUPID STUPID Barry!

Roger, GET OVER DELIA!

Andrea

• Members

I was a lot more sympathetic to Seneca after the show on Friday (I think) where Kim fell. When he talked about the things you said and how she would lose Kimberly harris if she tried to be the wife he wanted. Before that he seemed too cold hearted. I'm not excusing Kim though. She is a lying cheat. I just blame Seneca more because Kim is a very immature 19 year old and he's like 55. That's just plumb crazy, imo.

I know what you are saying about Faith. I know some will disagree and I do think Frank mislead her, but she should have seen it coming., imo. Also, I have to say, that I've only been watching about 6 weeks so I don't know a lot of the history that's going on. I can only base my opinions on what I've seen. I'm so disappoined I didn't tune in sooner. :(

• Members

I was hoping you would pop up...

Dear god is right! What a monster that child will be! She only wants Seneca back because her boy toy is dead. I hope Seneca holds firm...

I know you and I might not see eye to eye on this, but Jill and Frank were absolutely terrific! I was swooning... I hope that we have Daniel just long enough for the characters to reunite. They are wonderful together.

Jack and manual labor just don't go together. It's too contrived. I'd expect a story like this from one of today's writers, but I am more than willing to overlook because there is so much other wonderful stuff going on.

Counting down the minutes to the Joe reveal!

ANDREA

• Members

^^^ You should. The more the merrier. I know there are more RH fans out there and they need to get in here!!

Jill and Frank are growing on me. I haven't seen them together that much, since I'm pretty new to the show. I like seeing them working together on Rae's case.

Does anyone know if Matthew is Rose's father or step-father? She doesn't act like he's her father, so it just made me wonder.

• Members

Daniel Hugh Kelly disappears during the final week of the Writer's Strike in early September. (kinda of spoilerish) On Monday or Tuesday, Rae calls Frank to defend Kim in the custody suit, but Frank refuses because Jill is handling Seneca's end of the case and since Jill and Frank have a partnership again, this would be a conflict of interest. By Friday, Labine & Mayer have returned.

The early part of the Faith/Frank romance was heavily lead by Frank and full of aprehension on the part of Faith. Faith becomes downright irrational when it comes to Jill post-breakup, but who was she suppose to attack Frank? She loved Frank and Frank says that he still loves her. I love Nancy Addison Altman, but Jill tends to be a little too smug at times. The conflict between Faith and Jill is fun. The whole Faith/Frank/Jill triangle was just a delicious trainwreck. One of my favorite storylines ever.

I cannot see how Faith ignored the signs. In the plot, she admitted they were there and Frank reassured her the entire way. Frank had doubts but kept them to himself. Frank has done this with everyone woman he has been with. Why isn't he the villian? He has screwed over so many women in the name of his love for Jillian Coleridge it isn't even funny.

Joe is 'busted' at his birthday party in October. Gillespie shines during the downfall of Joe Novak. It's too bad she leaves shortly afterwards. Jack has some good stuff with Rose first. They have the best scene in July because of what Joe has done to Rose. Matt is Rose's father, but they have a very different relationship because her mother died when they were young and she raised herself. I think that is how they've explained Rose calling Matthew by his first name rather than calling him dad.

Kim's pregnancy is a joke. She had pneumonia and that incident with drugs that landed her in the hospital and no one noticed that the $#^* #$&^#$U$ was pregnant. Kim's pregnancy is a big WTF of the Writer's Strike.

The whole Who shot Michael Pavel? plot is pretty weak from the gun, to Kim's pregnancy, to the reveal of the real killer, to Jack's involvement with the docks, to Jack's jacked up murder charge, and then a drunken Kim delivering her baby on the houseboat with Jill and Frank playing doctors.

• Members

ChrisL, Michael Corbett said that his exit was very rushed so I imagine the interim writers did it. KMan, we are in 1981, I believe May or somewhere around there.

Right now with the writers strike I'm really not enjoying the show. Jack and Rose were excellent and now she's gone. I'm sick of Joe and I now hate both him and Siobhan, the dialogue is terrible and there is no balance. I can't wait for it to be over so I can get back to loving the show!

I'm just counting down the days until those magical Claire Labine words are back on our screen!

• Members

Michael Pavel was going to be written out, but I doubt what was on air was what Labine & Mayer had planned.

I think we are in July 1981. Unfortunately, I'm at school without SoapNet, but when I was home last weekend the stuff playing seemed to be from July.

• Members

I'm really feeling for Rae at this point in the story. She seems to want her grandchild so much. Of course she's completely misguided about what children need (imo), but it's still touching that's she's so eager to make up for leaving Kim. I had to laugh at the look Mauve gave her the other day though when she was talking about raising the baby to have a sense of entitlement and no boundries. :lol:

Archived