Days: Willow is horrible!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can tolerate her a little more nowdays. She is still very annoying though. Her voice and most of her facial expressions make me want to turn the tv off. Yet, ever since she began working more closely with Phillip/Jay, I'm starting to see her in somewhat better light.

Not close enough to join the Willow Tree Alliance, though.

• Members

I hate watching models (and I'm using that term very loosely here) learn how to act. "Give her time". No thanks. She's had enough time, and should've learned the craft before being cast, but I guess we can blame the casting department for this one.

Maybe if Willow, Chelsea, Nick, the new guy (Jed?), and hell even Max & Abby were written off, Corday would have enough money to pay for Hall, Hogestyn, Reckell, and Alfonso's weekly guarantees.

Watching nothing but Chelsea/Nick and Steve/Kayla day after day with tiny hints of other characters is getting to be quite annoying.

• Members

I agree with you in a way about the hating watching people how to act bit. However, if we used that logic, we would've never seen Nicole became what she did. Same goes for many other newbies that came into their own.

I don't know why so many continue to buy the budget rumor. It's not the budget. PR and KA were due a vacation and Bo was actually on quite a but earlier this year. Plus, I beleive I read KA was filming a movie. Drake has personal issues so maybe he took time off. No one knows but the budget thing makes little sense as they need to be paid anyway. Cutting the younger actors won't do anything to help finances. I think we had many threads discussing that.

I should also say that many like those young characters. Even many upset with the absence of the big 4 like the young characters. If the big 4 were on alot more, I don't think people would complain much, if at all, about the young characters.

• Members

^^ Yeah, I agree. I don't watch Days all that often, but it's Nick and Chelsea that are pulling me in right now. I'm also interested in

Phillip/Belle/Willow. I don't like Shawn that much, but I guess he's still part of that package. :lol: I do like Hope a lot too and I'd like to see more of her.

• Members

I agree, and I like the younger characters, excluding Willow. It's the most solid group of young actors the show's had since I started watching, and the characters have been around so I don't feel like there's a bunch of newbies all up in my face. But then, I'm one of those rare viewers who's down to two of the big 4 out to pasture, eliminate a third and keep a 4th around as the new go-to old person when the kids need advice.

• Members

What do you mean buy the budget rumor... LOL... Wasn't it you trying to sell it??

Corday pretty much came out and said that that has nothing to do with it, making everyone who said that these are the characters Hogan WANTS to writer for (and even the comparisons to the ones on ATWT, though I never saw that show), right. This is who they want to write for meaning they could care less about anyone else. NO, it's not because of the budget. Hogan has already brought on a brother for Willow and Nick is still on almost 3 to 4 days a week. Overblow IMO.

And I do agree that many do like these younger actors/characters. I do too, they are much better than the 99 teen invasion. But they aren't enough to make me watch the show for them. None of them make DAYS worth of a watch for me. If they weren't on by themselves and were eventually oriented and stepped up into front burner then maybe it would have been easier. And, for as many people that do like them, it is not translating into viewers for the show (which I think is their ultimate goal), especially not younger ones, which the show wants.

Willow is all right though just on way too much, like the rest of the new/boring characters.

• Members

I am enjoying most of everyone that is on the front burner. But then again, as long as it's written at least sorta good, I enjoy anyone on the frontburner. Nick/Chelsea, I wish they could be on five days a week; I haven't been invested in a new romance in a long time.

Archived