SOD: Days Cover...

• Members

Mimi - Killer

Judi Evans - BACK...As Adrienne!

Alison S. - Surprise New Job

J/M, B/H - MISSING

Shawn/Bellle - Big Mistake

Patch/Kayla - Unforgivable Act

Cancellation: On 1/25, Corday gathered the cast and crew for a luncheon, Kevin Reilly was there as well. the two assured everybody that the soap was safe on NBC for two more years. On all the early cancellation talk - "It's absolutely ridiculous. March '09 is a guaranteed thing. Two years is a long time." Jumping to a new network at that time? "Ask me that same question next March. Anything is possible. We ain't going away."

Back-burner Blues: J/M, B/H - a lot of mail. Each duo has aired about once a week, if even that, in Jan/Feb. "That won't be the case as much with Bo and Hope going forward," promises Corday. "There's quite a little bit that happens on air in March involving Chelsea and a crime that happens in Bo and Hope's house and they're pulled very much back into the center of the show...Marlena becomes more important in dealing with Patch and his illness. That was always the plan." He says that their backburning had nothing to do with budget and the rumors of their exits are greatly exaggerated. "Everything has it's cycle. These are very important characters - and couples...We know that. Everyone who is on the show now stays on the show now."

Judi back as Adrienne: At Fath/Evans going away party, sources indicated that Evans would be back on-screen soon as Adrienne. "...It sounds like a really great idea to me. It has to work with Patch's story. Let's just wait and see." [Corday]

Ashford: "He's going to be back. It's just a few days...Hogan said, 'We should keep doing this if he's willing to do it on a recurring basis...' He has a brother who's gone cuckoo that he might want to show up and help. It's good, smart, family stuff." Other characters making short visits? "No, that's pretty much it for the near future."

So Mimi killed her dad, he was beating her mom...she tried to pull him off - didn't work - so she hit him with a baseball bat as hard as she could. That's her exit story, more or less.

Patch/Kayla. Kayla cuts out one of John's kidney. Patch asks her to, it's either her or some hack organ collector. Evans says that was disturbing to her. Anyways by weeks end she tries to convince Steve to turn himself in...i.e. she calls the cops (and he feels betrayed). But Steve isn't taken to jail, he's taken to a state hospital for the criminally insane. Evans says she knows viewers don't like to see P/K apart, but "these kind of stories are great vehicles for the emotion and all that stuff that P/K do so well. I think the next 3 weeks are awesome."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the idea of Judi returning as Adrienne but I worry about them rushing it. Many viewers won't know Adrienne and it will be jarring for them to see "Bonnie" pop up as this new character just a couple of months after leaving.

I do love this rebuilding of the Johnsons, though. :)

PS: Forgot to say THANKS, Rugrat!

• Members

OMG!!

Is that rumor? If not, I will be in heaven!!! I don't want it rushed though. Definitely good news on the Johnson front.

Spoilers sound good.

The Bo/Hope stuff has me intrigued.

I don't think Corday is BSing us this time. I am glad he addressed the rumors and I think this has nothing to do with the budget. Well, it may a bit but I think Drake asked for time off for obvious reasons and things got fouled up a bit. Bo and Hope being off for a bit was planned all along as it seems and it looks like stuff is coming up. Corday isn't that stupid to bakcburner all of the big 4 for awhile. I also know that Days isn't going away. I may be one of the few that is very optimistic but I just don't see it dying before or after 2009. It's going to be one of the last soaps standing IMO.

• Members

Why bring Adrianne back without Justin, Victor's forgotten relative? Unless Adrianne were to hook up with Roman?!?

I'd rather Bo and Hope get a story that doesn't involve Chelsea and the crime (I'm guessing Dr. Rapey rapes Chelsea in Bo and Hope's house).

• Members

The way I read this was that it's a possible future idea, but that nothing is set in stone at this time. Especially the 'wait and see' comment.

Personally, I wasn't a big Adrienne fan. All she ever did was cry. It would be nice to see Justin back, if nothing else, just to bring another dimension to the Kiriakis men. But Adrienne alone holds no interest to me.

Archived