• Slightly Left
    • Left
    • Far Left
    • I don't vote because voting is for chump, like me

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do not think it is my job or respobsibilty to change anyone. Thats what makes everyone great is the fact we can form our own thoughts and opinions.

I stated mine, you mocked me, not sure why.

I honestly believe the only way to see things clearly is to be a centrist or independant. If you are taken in with all the left/right wing hate machines, you are not a solution to a problem, you are the problem. When you go to the extremes, you see no middle, you only see YOU (not YOU persay, but the extreme sides)

Do I voice my opinion, sure I do. But thats not forcing my belief of trying to change anyone. It is merely another, valued voice in a debate. The only ones that seem to think I am wrong are the far left mindset. Not sure why. They have a right to their views. BUt for some reason I am name called, made fun of and treated like [!@#$%^&*] for being me.

If thats what a stance on the far left or right does to you...makes you a hateful, vengeful person...I am glad I am not a part of it.

• Members

I am just going to ask nicely before this gets out of hand that you refrain from laughing at someone's post or view, please try to refrain from an overabundance of the LOL smily or the rolling eyes smily - which in a thread that can become heated can cause the wrong impression.

We as Moderators do not get a thrill out of closing threads. There are things that each of us can do as posters to help make sure that threads do not get out of hand.

Please think before you post especially if you are posting in haste or in anger.

The posts in this thread are fairly tame right now but a few are starting to tread on the verge of making people mad. Let's just please watch certain things, and the thread will not get out of hand.

• Members

Live and let live everyone.

Respect each others opinions, please. No one is asking anyone to agree with them, but let's just all have a good time, and not try to get off-topic by mcoking anyone because of their political leanings. :)

• Members

I don't see myself as falling anywhere on the "LEFT-RIGHT" spectrum. I think it's a limited device for measuring one's political outlook.

I have traditionally right-wing views on matters of the economy (ie. I tend to favor minimal state intervention in the economy) and traditionally left-wing views on social issues (pro-choice, pro gay rights, anti-death penalty etc.) Some might call these views "classical liberalism" or "libertarian".

I'm usually quite pragmatic about political issues, though. I try to consider both sides of a debate rather than taking a pre-conceived position based on ideology. If I were an American citizen (which I'm not), I would never affiliate myself with either the Democrats or Republicans.

Archived