ATWT: Parker/Faith Spoiler

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think any distaste of Will/Alison had to do with the fact he was still underage, that Will had started being stalkerish, and that Ali had used him (when Brent Groenman had the role) to cover her ass when the Snyder barn burnt down. The fact that Ali and Will were step-siblings was the least of it.

Parker and Faith aren't blood related, end of story. Jack being a fatherly presence in Parker's life is not the same as sharing a grandmother. And there other, more disturbing reasons people objected to the Jon/Tammy pairing.

• Members

Oh, I agree that there was far more disturbing aspects of the Will/Alison and Tammy/Jonathan relationship than the legal/biological parts. But my problem is that so many use the latter as an excuse to why a couple sucks.

Just as long as two people aren't blood-related it doesn't matter? :blink: Why is it then so many people wanted to vomit over Alan-Michael hooking up with a woman who he thought for a while was his daughter when she was a baby (GL)? They aren't blood-related. When I was 6, I gained a cousin when my uncle started dating his mom. He's not biologically my cousin but I consider him family just like every other person who is actually related to me.

• Members

If people wanted to vomit over AM/Marina (or Ridge/Bridget), maybe it was for the fact that this Marina is an awful actress. Or the fact AM was married to her mother. Or both Marina's aunts, Harley and Lucy. I would kind of vomit if they wanted to do an Ali/Dusty/Em triangle on ATWT, because having two sisters fighting over the same man is gross. (I'm kind of dry heaving at the thought of Craig/Meg, because then he's slept with Iva, Ellie, Sam, Sierra and Lucinda, all of Lily's female relation.)

Jammy touched on a lot of hot-button issues. Jon needed a lot of therapy before anyone was going to forgive him for anything he did to Tammy, Cassie and Reva. Glossing over his anger issues (and saying he's been healed by Tammy's love) is bull. Speaking for myself, the fact Jon has Sarah is a slap in the face.

Parker and Faith are just two sweet kids. They've barely been raised up as "related" through Jack's marriage to Carly. And even if they've known each other "forever" through the Carly/Lily friendship, people often fantasize their children will grow up and marry each other. It's not a "taboo" like inter-marrying into someone's blood relation.

• Members
Now as someone who found Mandy Bruno to be one of the weakest actresses on GL, I've come to change my mind over the past few months. I think she's actually pretty good..the writers just have no clue where to go with her character. And no, people didn't want to vomit over AM/Marina or Ridge/Bridget because one of the actors sucked, it's because of the father/daughter thing. I don't know how you can get "They suck because she's such a bad actress!" with "Ewww..he used to think she was his daughter!!" <_<

I think I would rather not have Alison come back at all if a Ali/Dusty/Em triangle is what they're going for. Grayson McCouch's Dusty just bugs!

We agree on something. :)

That doesn't necessarily mean they'll make a good couple.

Really? I don't know too many people like that... :unsure:

• Members

I finally caught up with about 3 weeks worth of shows, and I've really enjoyed the Faith/Parker stuff. I think it's absolutely in character that both would be miserable at this point in their lives, considering all that's gone on with their parents and how that logically would be affecting them, and I like that they're bonding through that. Whether it turns into romance seems a little premature to speculate on, but I don't think it would be outrageous if it did someday.

• Members

I think biology does matter when it comes to incest though. The whole "yuck" factor with incest (at least for me) is that the people involved share DNA. Parker and Faith seem to have grown up knowing that they didn't share genes, so it is a different thing, imo. Not that I'm a huge fan of hook ups like Bridget/Ridge where people thought they were father/daughter or brother/sister at one point. But when the people involved never thought they were related it doesn't bother me as much. Their ages bother me more. If it's a puppy love crush fine, but I'm not interested in anything more than that anytime soon.

• Members

Yeah, I can totally see where you're coming from, Julia.

That said, I completely disagree about the ick factor not being any less when two people who saw each other as family but who aren't technically related. I think there's just as much a social taboo when it comes to step-siblings or adoptive siblings hooking up as there is when it comes to cousins or actual siblings doing the same thing.

• Members

Yeah, I agree with you when it comes to the adoptive sibling thing or people who grew up as step brother/sister. I guess what I mean is for situations where kids grew up in different house holds and were cousins through marriage, but never believed they were biologically related. If it's someone they grew up in the same house with, the ick factor is their for me, for sure.

• Members

I disagree with that as well. I "gained" a cousin when I was 6 and while we didn't grow up in the same household, he's considered family just like anyone else who I'm actually related to. If I were to hypothetically hook up with him, the ick factor in terms of worrying about being biologically related wouldn't be there but...considering that he sees my uncle as the only father he has known for years now and his siblings are biologically my cousins...the ick factor due to those things would definitely replace the lack of ickiness coming from the fact that we don't share DNA.

Archived