Tyra has something to say to her fat critics

EricaKane70

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y'know, it's a good message. But she's so over the top and melodramatic, it all just comes off to me as a big show.

Tyra knows she's not fat, and if she were, she would never be up there on the television screen in a bathing suit. Sure, it's easy to do when you look like her, but her screaming "Kiss My Fat Ass!" is easy to do when, well... she's not. She's just trying to appeal to a bigger audience by putting on a show like this, because nobody is MORE obsessed with looks than Tyra Banks. She's always asking a guest, "Girl, who does your hair? I love that lip color! Are your eyes naturally that color? I remember that hot outfit..."

So, yeah, it's a good message. But I don't think it's altogether genuine.

• Members

It needed to be said. I think it was very heartfelt and geniune. People have just gone overboard with the whole damn thing. They just loved picking on her, left and right and for what? Nothing, just leave the girl alone or better yet, heed to her advice!

• Members

She contradicts herself all the time.

In one episode, she'll have a fashion show and talk about, "Oh, look how that can hide a bulge. That makes you look so thin and sheik! It's so forgiving if you have a gut!" Then in the next episode, she's having a 'big girls' fashion show, talking about how big is beautiful and girls should be proud of their lovely lady lumps.

Which is it, Tyra? Is big really beautiful, or is it something to be 'conveniently hidden' beneath fabric?

FAAAAKE.

• Members

Regardless of who she is, Kenny, it's nobody's business to put her down because of her weight... It irks me how folks always used to make little backhanded comments about my weight....Sorry, but I don't care if Tyra is fake or not, the issue is about how folks have been dogging her out about her fluctuating weight gain.

• Members

Oh, I agree. Nobody has a right to put anybody down for their weight.

I just hate it how she acts like she's so above it, when she's so obsessed with vanity. Seriously. She can't go two minutes without talking about "the beautiful girls of TOP MODEL" or some other completely vain topic.

On the soap stars episode, first thing that comes out of her mouth to Brandon Beemer: "Is that your real eye color?" It's just obvious to me what the #1 topic is in her mind. She's obsessed with vanity.

I can't buy her fake tears over "OMG, somebody said I look FAT!" whenever she's just as much obsessed with looks as they are. Go without makeup for a day, Tyra. And do it WITHOUT subtlely trying to prove that you're still more gorgeous than everyone else in the room even without lipstick. She turns it into an event. "Look at me without makeup on, y'all!" Who cares? You're not wearing makeup. BIG DEAL.

LOOKS OBSESSED.

Archived