All: DAYS: If the Salem Stalker victims stayed dead

• Members

If DAYS let the Salem stalker victims stayed dead instead of allowing the May 2004 twist to happen do what do you think life in Salem would be like and do you think DAYS would have been picked up through 2009.Here are my theories:

1)Jennifer would have raised Abby and Jack Jr by herself.

2)Chelsea(aka Georgia Brady) would not have been resurrected,thereby no need for Billie Reed.Also with Chelsea not being alive thereby Zach Brady would still be alive.

3)With Marlena and Roman dead Kate and John would get married furthering Sami's hatred for both of them.

4)Lexi would marry Tek.

5)Tony would not terrorize all of Salem since he would stay dead.

6) Julie and Grandpa Shawn would turn to each other for comfort since Doug and Caroline are dead.

7) Eric Brady and Carrie Brady return to Salem to be with their family.

8) Couples Rex and Mimi and Shawn and Belle both have babies and Jan Spears comes and switches the babies out of spite towards Mimi and Belle.

9) Alex North would not exist.

10) Since Marlena stays dead Deidre Hall stays on the show as Hattie.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which is what some people tried to say back in 2003, but noooooooo! No one listened! :lol::lol:

On a more serious note, there's no doubt there wouldn't have been a Days. You can't cut the heart out from the show like that and expect it to stay on the air. It would have collapsed without Maggie, Alice, Roman, etc.

• Members

Well, you have to take into account that Reilly obviously had a different storyline planned out befre Corday inserted his opinion. I firmly believe that the story was rewritten after Marlena's reveal and Tony's death. Everyone from Abe until Tony were originally supposed to die. Doug, Victor and Alice were not on Reilly's book of those that would be killed. You have to look at the outside factors. Before Bill and Susan Hayes returned to the show, Susan basically asked Corday if they were being brought back, only to be killed off. Corday promised Susan that Doug and Julie would survive the serial killer. Only a couple of weeks after Doug and Julie returned on screen, word broke out that Bill Hayes had been fired and Doug would be killed. No one knew at the time, but Corday did keep his word. By the time he asked the Hayseses back, he knew that everyone would be alive in the end.

As for Victor, I think he was supposed to be an original serial killer victim, not the victim of Jan Spears. I remember reading spumors that Tony tells Victor who the killer is and Marlena finds out and kills him. That never happened.

And Alice, while Reilly can be classified as an uncaring writer, I do not believe that there is a chance in hell that that man intended on killing the matriarch of this show. Say what you want about the guy. Even he cannot be that cruel.

With all of that set aside, here's how I think the story would have progressed with the characters:

-Will would have been the last and final victim. If you remember, Will was looking around Jack's things whenever he was investigating Abe's death. The writers made it very obvious that Will saw something he shouldn't have. In the November Sweeps preview, Reilly said that the killer's final victim will be shocking and heartbreaking to all of Salem. I do not believe he meant Alice. I think he meant that it would be totally shocking that Marlena would kill her own grandson.

-As for Marlena, I believe she was on the brink of insanity. The storyline potential was there. Telling the story of how after years and years of counseling other patients, a psychiatrist finally has a mental breakdown could have been a huge hit. Deidre would have rocked those scenes. I believe that after everyone found out that Marlena was the killer, there would have been a huge trial where all of Salem would attend to see the fate of Salem's most upstanding citizen. Now, I know that Deidre's contract was up in August 2004, so I wonder if they had plans to convict Marlena, a leading character on the show, and sentence her to death. We will never know.

-Patrick Lockhart would have still been brought on the show, but Reilly would have went along with his original idea for the character. If you remember, Brian (later named Patrick) Lockhart was supposed to be a famous racecar driver. Jennifer would have went along raising Abby as a single mother, while being pregnant with Jack's son. She would somehow meet Patrick and the two would start falling for each other. All of this would cause Abby to continue rebelling. Reilly had all intentions on making Abby the new Sami. Abby would be pissed that Jennifer is moving on with a new man so soon after her father's death.

-Billie would have been brought onto the show in some way. Right after Caroline's death was when Billie was first mentioned. Billie knew something about the killer and was silenced. That's when Bo left Salem to find her (Peter Reckell was on vacation). So Billie would have came back to the show, probably resulting in the resurrection of Georgia. That is one storyline I think Reilly had plans for, but had to put on hold until 2005.

-Jan would still be continuing to terrorize Shawn and Belle like she always does. Such a one-note character.

-There would probably be a Mimi/Rex/Bonnie triangle. Remember Bonnie's fantasies? Bonnie would later go on to marry Mickey and would still be a Horton to this day.

-Tek would be Theo's new daddy.

Archived