GL: Wed 1-24

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL I have not heard anyone not watching GL because a character is leaving. Thats ridiculous.

Great episode. The wife said that they must be using this for the Emmys, and I said I HOPE!

Jon on the bed was true to character like SJ says....too much for most of us, but this is the guy who cut his hair with a knife LOL

• Members

That's IT? Seriously. I'm not trying to take anything away, but I wasn't overly blown away like others.

Tom Pelphrey had brief moments in the hospital, but the church scenes were just cringe worthy. Who directed that mess? That was scene chewery to the max. Marcy Rylan was on some type of drug, and Pelphrey was spitting all over the place. There was yelling, but no emotion behind it. None. I don't mind shouting, but atleast convince me you're upset. Then the fantastic Beth Chamberlin came in, and she put them in their place. The contrast was overwhelming. I actually believed Chamberlin's anger and frustration with her daughter.

I didn't even care for Alan/Reva. Simply because all they had to do was get the police, and BAM everything is done. Why resort to such idiotic tactics? Okay Kim Zimmer was decent, but Ron Raines completely stole those scenes.

That was dumb when the doctor went into the room for about 2 seconds, and came out and said we tried everything we can.

Cassie should have been in the room during the final moments with her daughter.

I think if anything at all the writing saved this episode, and Beth Chamberlin and Ron Raines.

And now I see what you guys meant by on Johnathan climbing on the bed. It wasn't what I had thought.

After finally seeing this episode, I don't see it being a front runner Emmy episode for GL.

• Members

Well, honestly, I found the second half of the show a lot better than the first.

I agree that the church scenes were too over-the-top. Heck, even Chamberlin's presence in those scenes couldn't stop me from going WTH with Rylan's performance. :blink: She really acted like someone who needs to be placed in a mental institution and I'm not sure TPTB will ever deal with or at least admit that Lizzie has a psychological disorder. Now, Jonathan's anger, I understood. I've seen over-the-top anger like that before so the term "over-the-top" is a tad subjective.

I think most people think that Kim Zimmer was less than stellar yesterday. She was just...there.

DruRocks, you got nothing out of the Tammy/Cassie scenes? I thought that was one of the best scenes in that episode.

• Members

This is definitely GL's year and if they are going to submit it better be this episode. It goes back to what GL's identity used to focus on, family and struggle. Surely enough the other soaps may submit cliffhanger/sweeps episodes but this episode had heart, emotion, and drama (what a soap opera truly needs!) Hopefully DK and EW can see that they have a good thing going, so don't screw it up.

Anyone else find this week's preview with James Blunt's "Goodbye My Lover" really touching/eerie at the same time?

• Members

After finally seeing the scenes, I'm in agreement with DruRocks. I wasn't blown away at all.

Last week, I anticipated being moved to tears, but not over this rushed nonsense. Cassie/Tammy were heartbreaking, but it was all about JONATHAN. I love the character, but Tammy's death didn't have to be about Jon. Her life was about the guy. Cassie should have been in the room when her daughter took her last breath. I would've slapped Reva down so hard if she had barred me from that room. Give me a break.

I give this latest plot a C. GL put in a good effort, but everything seems so over the top and dramatic. There is such a nuance as subtley that they failed to implement in this arc. They were obviously going for a Young & the Restless feel, but they fell short.

Not for nothing, but what was that red light shining on Tammy near the end? No wonder she died. There was barely any equipment in the room and the doctor basically shrugged his shoulders.

I don't even feel bad about helping to spam the comment lines. It's not just that my favorite characters are leaving but this was their exit. It sucks.

Oh well. At least I no longer have to watch.

Archived