GL: Wed 1-24

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh man that was terrible.

GL is not going to be the same without them, and I was actually disgusted by them as a couple at first.

Clearly it is a tribute to the great performers that they made me love them - because the thought of them together is really still disgusting.

• Members

I loved Jonathon and Tammy as a couple. I wasnt a die hard fan but I am pissed that DK killed off Tammy. There was no reason that they couldn't have recasted that character. I just hope DK gets a good teen cast becuase with Jon and Tammy gone there won't be any. And actually I gotta admit at the end where we heard Cassie cry I gotta say Nicole did a good job.

• Members

The second part of the episode was darn near perfect. I actually got all quiet and couldn't take my eyes off the show. I didn't even bother to mock Pelphrey as I usually do.

Just one big quibble was the whole situation with Sarah. Why didn't Reva or Jonathan just call the police and force Alan to give up the baby? The judge gave Jon Boy custody and what Alan was doing is called kidnapping. That plot muck-up was even more glaring when Alan had the nerve to call out Jonathan on "kidnapping" Lizzie. That whole thing just bugged me the first half of the show. And it took away time that should have been used to have more characters have their final goodbyes with Tammy. Where was R.J.?

But once Beth came to the church and gave Jonathan the baby, I just became glued to the screen.

HOORAY for Beth slapping the taste out of Lizzie's mouth. That was a long time coming. Too bad she couldn't slap some good sense into her while she was at it. While this was pretty much Tom Pelphrey's episode, I have to give Beth Chamberlain some special kudos for doing her thang today.

Ron Raines was terrific, too. I don't know how he does it, but as much of a cartoon Alan has become, Raines always manages to save the character from going over the brink by showing Alan's pain and motivations.

I might not care for his style of acting, but I'll admit that GL will sorely be missing a WHOLE lot of energy when Tom Pelphrey leaves the show. Dude had some great scenes written for him, like when he was pushing everyone away and his tirade against God. And the final moments in the hospital room with Tammy.

Can't wait for tomorrow. It looks really good. I hope that they do it just like the promos... going back and forth from the actual old footage to the current actors re-creating the scenes.

• Members

When he climbed on top of her, that was a little over the top for me, even though I saw the promo for it, so I knew it was going to happen. Still, I was crying from hearing the moans and sobs. It was painful to watch and so good. Tammy mouthing I love you before she died, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

And how about Beth in the church with Lizzie. That was the most amazing moment I've seen on a soap in the longest time, and it felt like it came out of nowhere. The intensity of the performance, her courage in bringing Sarah to the church and all of it, the entire scene was fantastic, and this is coming from someone who never got used to Beth Chamberlain as Beth. Brilliant is brilliant, whether you like the recast or not. There was so much happening in that scene, and the look on Jonathan's face...was that a smirk? It's going to be on again in about 20 minutes so I'm going to watch and tape it.

This was a great episode.

• Members

I watched and loved GL in the early 90's but since the mid 90's the show's gone downhill. That said, after tuning in the last few days, the show has finally showcased stories that make me want to watch again. I used to love Beth Chamberlin and she's still great. This show really seems to be pulling it all together.

Archived