Y&R: What's with his successors re-writing his stories

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steady decline.

They should have had Sandra Nelson play Sheila, if they were so hell bent on changing faces. 'Tis would have been more fun, and slightly creative.

Dream on. Marland's Y&R would be too Sheilafriendly. Sheila would be the new Christine of Y&R. :SHUDDERS: I could see the ratings rapidly declining. ^_^

• Members

The story took a major stand still. I know Kay was in an unresponsive state, but after she came out things were pretty much sugary. I still HATE how quickly Jill started to call Kay mother. The fallout was missing angst, and the audience were pretty much expected to go along with it. Not to mention they were both severly backburnered and begun to play Supporting characters in silly plots (Elliot Hampton).

• Members

I think Y&Rs biggest problem is that the show is now plot driven instead of character driven. For instance the Kay/Jil s/l. We all know Kay hated Jill with a passion, but would she really give away Jill's real son and then replace him with another baby? Probably not. This is just a big ass plot to give Jill and Kay a s/l. Once you look at it, it's some crap LML and Co. put together trying to turn sh!t into sugar. Well it ain't gonna happen.

What needs to happen is for the characters to get there personalities back. The old Victoria wouldn't be taking Brad's crap. I want the Vicki back that slapped Victor. I want the snarky, fiesty Lauren back. She's a shell of herself. And Dru has always had a flip mouth, but she wasn't damn near a whack job.

• Members

Before LML, when I used to watch Y&R, I used to anticipate every scene. It was just classic.

Now, it just feels so unorganized and disjointed.

Even during Jack Smith's worst stuff, I still felt that Y&R had a clear vision and goal, even though the Sheila disguise stuff was utter crap.

• Members

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

LML has turned Dru into a complete caricature. The community clown of Genoa City that nobody respects anymore (except Sharon). Dare I say it, the crazy Black woman. And it just pisses me off. And, I love Victoria Rowell dearly, but sometimes, I just wish she would play against the crap that they throw at her.

LML has just ruined so many characters on the show, it is despicable.

• Members

We must never forget, too, that Smith was also behind the harrowing storyline of Cassie's death, which summed up all of Y&R's traditional strengths- realism, character-driven, social relevance and raw emotions.

I'm sure that despite their legitimite criticisms, Alden and Smith could be retrospectively be viewed with favour because 1) they still kept Y&R on top and 2) LML is sending the show downhill. I honestly think that since Bill Bell died, both Y&R and B&B have progressively grown worse- even though he hadn't written for either show in a while, Bill Bell no doubt wielded influence behind the scenes.

Archived