AMC: Wednesday

• Members

The beginning of today's show really upset me - I guess they did a good job of what they wanted to do - have everyone hate on Zoe and not believe him and think he/she is a freak. It was hard to watch though - and the MANHANDLING has to stop - especially from the Chief of Police!

Anyway I want a bullet in Ryan's head - he is the most annoying, arrogant character on today during these scenes.

I liked the slow-motion part where everyone was yelling at Zoe. That was done well.

I'm happy that Zoe is out - now we get to see the fallout. I was LOL'ing when Colby said "Whoa - Trans-Pine Valley!" - haha at least she's ok with the idea of transgendered "Get with the times people, this happens!".

Aww, Tad feels sorry for Zoe - that's nice to see. At least someone besides Babe does right now.

Ok nice to see Livia and Dani scenes again - and did Julia look pregnant to you? I mean I know Sydney is pregnant in real life, but she kind of had a bump and wasn't hiding it today!

Good to know Amanda didn't mean that Dani is dead - and KENNY! he is so cute - but how DARE Jonathan just attack him and beat him up at ConFusion!?! I'm so over Jonathan.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who is kenny? LOL.

I'm over Jonathan's character too. He's a madman that needs to be in a padded cell.

I wish the original actor were playing Derek. This one has an angry look on his face all the time. I could cut him a break as a concerned father for abusing his authority but there's just no vulnerability.

• Members

I agree about the Derek thing - he had ONE vulnerability/emotional scene with Dani at the hospital last week, but now he's back to angry man.

Regarding Kenny - check out yesterday's thread - there is a description of who he is/was....but basically he was the Fusion attorney back in 2003-ish when they first started and he and Simone were sort of an item/couple - but he moved away on business.

Aww, I love the Julia/Di friendship - so I'm happy to see them talking. I also loved the Livia scenes...

Great Bianca/Zoe scenes in jail - I think Bianca is finally starting to believe Zoe.

They just mentioned Silence of the Lambs at the police station - how the killer would prey on women bc he wanted to be a woman! Ever since I heard about Janet, I immediately thought Silence of the Lambs, so I'm happy they actually made mention of the movie - AND JR just mentioned Janet's name to Babe! I'm a little excited over this - it's one of my favorite movies.

• Members

Well - nice creepy ending with the stalker outside Chandler Mansion and tying a ribbon on the gate...

I loved the Livia/Dani scene where Dani wakes up - I really hope she ends up remembering!

I'm glad Jonathan lost Kenny - he needs to get his hands off Kenny and leave him the hell alone!

I'm happy that Zach doesn't think Zoe is the killer anymore - finally the guy/girl is getting some relief (Zach, Tad, Bianca). Ryan can still kiss my a$$ though. And even in the previews - what the HELL is Ryan thinking shutting down Fusion as if he's GOD. Screw him.

• Members

Today was a really bad day. Between Kendell's "transgendered freak" comments, JR's "tranny", "he/she wannabe" and "transvistie wannabe" lines added to Ryan and Zach's mandhandelling it was one of the worst shows ever. All of these people are intolerant fools who have no heart at all. They have no proof that Zarf did anything and are jumping on him because he is transgender. All threw out today I just wanted Kendell, Zach, Ryan and JR to die. They were by far the most severe intolerants ever and no just because Zach later recanted and said "we have somethings in common" doesn't make it any better. Kendell needs to go choke on a cookie and JR needs to be reeled into the fire place when the fire is hot and blazing. Ryan needed to sit himself down. "Silience of the lamb's the man killed women because he wanted to be like him" No $h!= sherlock! Now go sit your monkey @$$ down!

Babe and Bianca were the only bright spots of this entire dreary day. Everyone else can go suck fish faeces

• Members

I am so over this transgender storyline. I knew this show could not resist going over the top with it. I've seen more subtle movies of the week. Yes PV is full of bigots and only Babe has an open mind. :rolleyes: I saw this coming a month ago. Have the town beat up on the 'freak' as a way to have the audience like him, and then anyone who complains about him and Bianca as a possible romance, are just bigots too. I've never really liked Zarf with his arrogance, condecending behaviour and meddling but the whining and self-pitying is just making me loathe him. Why does'nt McTavish just put him on a cross and get it over with. Babe can be Mary Magdalene.

Why does every story have to have Babe in it? Jr's revenge, Zarf's trangenderism, the Satin Slayer, Krystal's paternity secret all involve Babe. I am sick of it. I have never seen one character take over a show so much. And I watched GH for years. At least over there it took four characters to suck up this much space. Babe is doing as much on her own. End of rant. And its only Wednesday.

• Members

ICAM!!! At least the writers referenced "The Silence of the Lambs", but so far this Zarf story is playing out as him being the town freak. This could have been done much better if we had gotten to know Zarf before he came out to Bianca and actually saw his torment over wanting to use the estrogen but being too scared to start the injections.

In a way, I could understand why JR, Tad, Ryan, & Kendall were skeptical since Zarf did just confess to the murders. I was glad that Zach could understand where Zarf was coming from.

The best parts of the show for me were Bianca/Zoe and Livia/Dani.

Jonathan needs to either turn out to be the killer or the next victim.

• Members

Loved Colby Today. "Catch Up People It happens."

This story reminds me, to a degree of the gay HS teacher story they did back in 95. Back in those days you would have characters discuss the going-ons of the town whether they were a major part of the story or not and wouldn't need to cram them ALL into the one of two sets in the Chandler mansion. Pine Valley is a gossipy small town. I wish soap towns in general had more identity.

Bobby: Mr. ---?Laurel's Brother came out today.

Opal (sitting with Palmer) : Came outta what?

• Members

Loved Colby Today. "Catch Up People It happens."

This story reminds me, to a degree of the gay HS teacher story they did back in 95. Back in those days you would have characters discuss the going-ons of the town whether they were a major part of the story or not and wouldn't need to cram them ALL into the one of two sets in the Chandler mansion. Pine Valley is a gossipy small town. I wish soap towns in general had more identity.

Bobby: Mr. ---?Laurel's Brother came out today.

Opal (sitting with Palmer) : Came outta what?

• Members

Mr. D a.k.a. Mr. Delany.

I heard a rumor that Opal was made the intolerant homophobe because the original storyline was to have Palmer be the homophobic parent -- but James Mitchell refused to play that role, citing a, um... conflict of interests -- if you get the drift? Like I said, RUMOR.

Anyway, I agree about McTavish's overused device of cramming 29 of the 33 cast members all into one room at the climax of EVERY SINGLE STORYLINE!! It loses its dramatic appeal after the fifth storyline. Especially when it involves fifteen people all interrupting and adding their unnecessary two cents in.

Zarf: I'm Zoe. I'm a woman --

Kendall: FREAK!

Zarf: I'm a woman in a --

Ryan: Psssssychooooo Killllllerrrrrrrrr.

Zarf: I said I'm Zoe. A woman that is trapped --

JR: PSYCHO FREAK LUNATIC TWISTED PERVERT FREAK!!

Zarf: A woman that is in a man's --

Derek: Just tell us already!

Zarf: A woman that's trapped in a --

Kendall: Crazy b!tch whore skank!

Too many damn characters in the room water down the drama and just make it cumbersome and irritating, listening to each of them disrupt the flow of the scene with useless comments that add nothing to story -- just filler. I understand the "effect" of having the "whole town" in on the big reveal, but that only works in scenes like trials or weddings or funerals, where everyone has a reason to be gathered together, yet the main focus of the story is on the one or two characters. And then in the scenes afterwards, you see everyone gossiping and adding their two cents.

ETA: When will one or all of the directors get a clue and tell Jacob Young to dial it down about 25 notches. I'm sure it didn't read in the script for JR to snarl with absolute disdain and foam at the mouth "GO TO BED!" when he sent Colby out of the room. It's hard for me to buy that JR actually "loves" Colby, the way he snarls and screams at her all the time.

• Members

Hahah I had such a crush on Kenny--he was back during the... 2001-2 or so era when we had those awful writers? They never really knew what to do with him--i remember him saying he was born in Center City and then I think he moved to Canada but it was a nice surprise to have him back even if as a (probable) red herring

Random question livia on the show made me think--did we ever get an explanation for why Jamal left?

• Members

Haha I've been thinking back on that too - now that Dani has been hurt - and they never said a word...he was supposed to play a big part in that whole Annie vs. Dixie custody battle over Emma...but they just totally dropped him from that and ConFusion and put Jonathan in his place and never mentioning the name Jamal ever again.

• Members

I wish AMC would not showcase tht everyone who is not supportive of gays, lesbians & transgenders as a bigot. Kendall, JR and the rest were being bigoted assclowns. Not eveyone needs to be so readily accepting as babe but not everyone with ideological differences assumes a hatred for the unknown. The Zarf storyline doesn't need to be bout such extremes.

I'm glad Zarf/Biance connected in jail.

Ryan and Jon boy need to be cut off by their balls. They are insufferable!

• Members

I've noticed for awhile that when the show wants to tell us a male character loves a female character he becomes an overprotective brute. Of course JR loves Colby. He screams at her because he loves her and doesn't want her near the "psycho tranny". Women can't make good decisions on their own they need the men to come in and protect them. :blink: They've played that theme over and over again in the last month and it's getting old fast. It kind of ties into the idea that the men have to manhandle Zarf/Zoe (or any other potential threat) to show that they are real men who love and will protect their women. It's an obnoxious display of machismo. Even Derek had his hands around Zarf's neck yesterday. How else would be know he REALLY loves his daughter? :rolleyes:

Archived