Days Does Veterans the BEST!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. The vast majority of Days frontburner players are all longtime veterans. There's no way that on most any other soap you would have TEN VETERANS in frontburner story like they are on Days. That's why I'm so thankful that the show is still owned by Corday. If it was in anyone else's hands, I think that we'd be completely screwed with nothing to show for it.

• Members

I hear ya. A lot of people dont kare for Corday that much. But if he didnt do anything else, he did keep the vets. Even Y&R is letting go of major characters but orday has done a great job in this department. I think us DAYS fans owe him that much and we are truly blessed. Thanks Corday.

• Members

DAYS has had a stable canvas in that many of the vets are still on and active on canvas. I think they learned their lesson from the Serial Killer debacle. Also, a lesson the other soap writers should take from Hogan is how he introduces "long lost family members." Nick is not just a stranger with a recognizable name, he is a Horton in how he acts and interacts with the rest of the canvas. These characters become instant mainstays. I mean, Max, Abby... they have never been as enjoyable as they have been under Sheffer's pen.

The others soaps are just so good at "tricking" fans into liking new characters because they are supposedly part of the established families. Like ATWT Adam Hughes, or AMC's Colby Chandler. Colby has barely even shared a scene with her dear Mimi! Shame.

Archived