Days: Billie and Bo

• Members

Well, I for one only watch Days because of the true supercouples. I believe in the sanctity of marriage. When you make those marriage vows, they are a committment for LIFE. I'm thrilled that John and Marlena fight to keep their marriage, nearly ready to drop Bo and Hope if she didn't wake up and come back to her senses of what she and Bo have been building on for over 20 years. Mickey and Maggie, Alice and Tom, those are the couples that show you what the sacrifice is all about. Having a complete life instead of jigsaw puzzle pieces, in the end. When marriage is not treated with respect on any show, I'm out of here.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoy Bo and Billie as friends. Julie and Peter have nice chemistry together. Not as a couple, but as parents trying to deal with a bratty, self-absorbed teenager and getting their sh!t together. I like the writing for Billie now. She is trying to change, but self-destructs every now and then. Like an older, wiser, street-smart version of Sami.

Last month, I wrote a column here about the return of the supercouples and I know they can be a bone of contention among DAYS fans. While I do think rabid fanbases hurt soaps (even though I'm pushing for Mabby, I'm not threatening to boycott the show if they don't end up together or when they do, they're not shown five times a day), if the writing for these couples works, it's good. I would rather see a supercouple together with decent writing instead of them being apart with lousy writing, as well as being together with lousy writing (see J&J and their "In the House" crap).

I think we're forgetting what happened while JER was still on. Nobody was really together and people were complaining. Now we've got three big couples---J&M, Bo/Hope, and Lucas/Sami reunited. Belle and Shawn are getting there. And this time, it's not the typical love triangles creating tension. I'm not counting EJ because he's more obsessed than he's in love with Sami, and she wants nothing to do with him. But still, people are complaining. What exactly do you want?

• Members

Belle to come to her senses and dump Shawn. They are not a supercouple and in my mind, never will be. But the argument about rabid fans, fits this one. They don't rank supercouple status from forever....except for the rabid fans who somehow think the term Shelle is "in" LOL. I hate it.

Even Sami and Lucas haven't reached supercouple status but they have an honest shot at it and probably should be the last ones.

Dreary Salem with no weddings LOL....but seriously Chloe and Brady were a big couple but not a supercouple and neither are Shawn and Belle. They need to just disintegrate and go away. The sooner the better

• Members

I guess I want a balance of romance and drama. I am tired of the perfect couples. They are limiting to a writer's vision. How many times can Bope break up and make up and be torn apart by a third party? Who they always make evil (ie. Patrick and Franco). You know that Bope (or Jarlena, etc.) will always get back together no matter what so its totally predictable. Seems like in some cases they should backburner the bigger couples. Look at Jarlena - half of that couple is in a coma doing nothing for the show. That's because Hogan can't even think of an idea for a couple who has done it all.

• Members

Wow, Jean, you really have a hate-on for Shelle.

1) I hate to admit it though but I do not like the current version of Shelle - Martha and Brandon are great actors but I don't think they have much chemistry (whereas I thought JC and Martha were totally hot!) and 2) I can't say anything about viciously hating a couple because I despise one on GH so much it made me give up the show.

• Members

You know what. That is what this huge umbrella story Hogan got us all worked up over was supposed to be about. I thought we'd be seeing Kayla and Steve as a team, Bo and Hope as a team and John and Marlena as a team go after the bad guys who stole Steve's life.

All we've got is Shelle......Shelle.....Shelle.....and I could vomit. At least when this story is done, maybe they will go off into the sunset and let the big guys take over.

• Members

I guess I think that both stable and volatile couples can be written well as well as written poorly. I also don't think a couple carousel would fix the problem with the writing of relationships on the show. I don't think Changing Partners is the only worthwhile or compelling story to tell, nor do I think that anybody would actually ask for stale writing for their couple.

IMO a great thing to do would be to remember that the characters remain individuals even when in a pairing and that will take you through both stable and volatile times.

• Members

Well, as for me, I want nothing. I am happy with the show right now.

I wouldn't mind new pairings though as long as they meet the criteria I mentioned in my first post in this thread.

All I am saying is the rabid fanbases should not hold TBTB back from doing something. I would like to see Days just once pull out all the stops and not worry about the fanbases and just go ahead with something all the way through without it being re-written or changed due to fanbases. It won't happen but I would like to see it.

days fans are fickle and have gotten so bad from 2000 on. I think I am a rare breed. As long as the stories and characters are interesting and I am entertained, I am happy. With the show's dramatic increase in quality under Hogan, I am EXTREMELY HAPPY.

• Members

I like Bo and Billie as friends also. I like how they feel they can tell each other anything and confide in each other. JP and PR have that chemistry as friends. I preferred Billie with Steve. I would have liked to see that relationship explored more. I think Steve and Kayla got together too fast. I also don't like Shelle, as I've stated in previous posts. BB comes across as much more of a wimp than JC did, and that's saying something. I just don't see the sparks between Bell and Shawn. but that's just my opinion.

Archived