Days: Billie and Bo

• Members

The thread about Billie made me think (I know, that hardly ever happens :P ). But seriously, why aren't Bo and Billie together now? I ::hearted:: their scenes at the pub recently. (I didn't like Bo saying he was seduced by some old hag but whatever.) They've got major chemistry!

I absolutely hated the writing for them during JERk's second reign of terror but Julie and Peter still are the sh!t. I don't see the appeal of Bo and Hope. They look gorgeous together, they have nice chemistry, but Billie and Bo are EXPLOSIVE. And Lisa and RKK, especially, were unstoppable. Why does Hope even want Bo? All she does is [!@#$%^&*] at him about him. She was always believing Patrick over him.

I hate Days supercouple mentality. Its too bad so many of the fans buy into the myth. Look at how boring the supercouples (except for J&J and Steve and Kayla) have become. Does anyone agree with this or am I grasping at straws??

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bo and Billie are my favorite Days couple ever. They are what first got me into the show back when RKK and LR were on. Now that IMO was the hottest couple on the show. I dont think PR and KA's chemistry can match that. They have more of a romantic chemistry but RKK and LR just oozed of sex appeal and were explosive together. I miss them. They really should have brought him back as a Dimera or a Brady cousin and paired him with her during her last stint. Probably would have been better than the crap we got.

I also hate the Days supercouple mentality. Its hard to root for any other pairing when you know Days will always go back to the supercouple. I partly blame that on the fans bc they can get really rabid when they dont get their way. Days becomes so predictable in this way. Id love to see them permantly end a supercouple and take them in a different direction but that wont happen. I hate seeing 1 character deadlocked into a pairing/story bc it really limits them and doesnt allow them to break out so to speak

• Members

They do have a very unique relationship! Obviously they've got a lot of history, good and bad, but they've managed to prevail through everything. Whenever she has something on her mind, she turns to him, and he knows the perfect thing to say or do. Like, when she told him that she had a drank and what happened with her and the younger guy. I didn't think she would tell anyone about that, especially not Bo. But, it was great how he knew exactly what to do and say.

They are a very couple. And, at times, appear to be stronger than Bo and Hope even.

• Members

It's like you read my mind! I HATE all the Days super couples. It defeats the purpose of rooting for the "outside" person because you know that in the end the "super couple" will get back together.

I love Bo and Billie because it seems that they accept each other for who they are and not what they want them to be. With Bo and Hope, if he does something Hope doesn't like, she throws a hissy fit and tells him "I don't really know you Brady." I refuse to even watch there scenes which is sad because I love Bo.

• Members

I think there is one note that must be made, not to stir up trouble or anything, but I do honestly think that the writing that made the supercouples boring isn't the writing of the supercouple era. I honestly don't think any of the supercouples would've become supercouples given the writing of the last ten years, it just had a different goal.

I'm not saying Sheri Anderson wouldn'tve had trouble keeping couples interesting for long without breaking them up, but also what needs to be mentioned IMO is that when the supercouples were written originally they were given individual personalities. I think that vanished over the years, and for the two supercouples that were featured the most -- Bo/Hope and John/Marlena it got to a point for some (I know, not all) viewers where they couldn't see how the characters merited so much screen time and attention.

So I hate the "couples" mentality in that I hate to see good, deep characterization and creativity get sacrificed for a concept, but it also doesn't have to be the case that that gets sacrificed at all. JMO.

As for Bo and Billie -- I loved Billie in Bo/Billie and she made the couple interesting for me.

• Members

I'm a decidedly NON-Bo/Billie fan. Even stopped watching when Billie came on the scene. I don't like Bo with Julie Pinson's Julie either and hate that Chelsea is supposed to be their daughter. Billie needs to go away. She and Bo bring out the lowest in each other and I hate that. They just bounce off the low-spots. Hate it. I do think Billie loves Bo more than Hope does though probably because Billie is more needy than Hope.

• Members

I like them as friends too.

They are hot together but Bollie has been done so much as a complication that I lost any desire to ever see them as a couple. If Days had made it so they had a legetimate shot to be together, then I would be fine with that but we know they won't.

I hate the supercouple mentality too. I love the supercouples but if TBTB introduced new pairings and presented them in a way where it was more about being a complication or thrid party I could get behind it.

That is why I liked Jate in the beginning. They were friends and they found comfort in each other after Marlena and Roman "died." While I hated the island story at the time, I saw the potential in Jate but the drug addict story ruined it and then we had Marlena and Roman catching them on camera and so on. It became too much about how seeing John and Kate would affect Marlena and Roman and not about the bond between John and Kate.

I blame the rabid fanbases and have for years. They were never this bad in the 90's as they at least gave things a chance. Now, if a member of a supercouple even so much as shares a scene with someone they view as a threat they go nuts and threaten to stop watching. I've said it before and I will say it again, whoever writes Days has the hardest job in soaps. Period. No other writing position has to worry about fickle fans and rabid fans like Days. They hardly ever make up their minds what they want and condemn stories and new couples before even watching them play out. The fans need to realize if this same mentality was applied in the 80's and early 90's we would've never got John and Marlena. Roman and Marlena would've stayed together because they were together first. If a new potential couple has chemistry, is written in a way that has possibilities and not just to be a complication or 3rd party, and if they aren't forced together or shoved down our throats they could work very well. I am never opposed to new pairings but it's all in the presentation.

• Members

I like Billie now, but I HATE Bollie! I'm not really a Bope fan either, but I'll take them over Bollie. I like how Billie and Bo are freinds, but want nothing more. I liked the Steve/Billie thing more than Bollie even though I'm a Stayla fan.

• Members

Bo and Billie should never be put back together romantically. Their ship has passed several tides ago. I do, however, like their friendship. I like how Bo is always there for Billie when she needs a shoulder to cry on, no matter what Hope says. Hope needs to understand that and deal with it. Billie will always have a place in Bo's heart. They're like the Jason and Carly of Salem ;)

• Members

The last 5 years I have learned and think what holds DAYS back the most now that JER is gone, is the ridiculous rabid fanbases and DAYS having so many supercouples. In real life people break up and wish one of the supercouples on DAYS would be ripped apart and never ever get back together. DAYS is hurt by this mentality that J&M, Bope, J&J, and Steve and Kayla MUST be together no matter the situation which has to make it hard for any writer to deal with. I wish TPTB would say screw the fans and actually shock the audience and do something unDAYS like and tear apart some of the predictibility with the "untouchable couples." I am one of Bope's biggest fans but often a child's death tears apart couples. I kind of wish that would have happened and have Hope see someone besides Patty Cakes and Bo see someone outside of Billie. Thats my 2 cents....

• Members

I'm glad I posted this. I wanted opinions. But the "supercouple" [!@#$%^&*] is ruining the show. Even Hogan - who is somewhat of a gifted writer - has a hard time writing for them (ie. John's in a coma; Bo and Hope are doing nothing special, etc.)

Archived