The Campaign To Save GL

• Members

In my opinion GL is doing a heck of a lot better than some of the others. I have a long history of watching it too and its far from perfect but at least it moves and tries new things. Its fatalistic attitudes like this one that are killing the show.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to agree that out of 9 soaps GL isn't nowhere near as bad as most. Just like a previous poster stated it has a craptastic budget and it was basically forced to reinvent itself. Not to say that it's reinvention was the most successful but it could have been a lot worse. Ellen Wheeler is just dragging her feet in getting rid of David Kreizman. She knows that he has failed in many ways and hasn't delivered anything that is must see GL. Besides with Jonathan and Tammy are leaving and DK can't write for anyone else without weaving these two into everyone's orbit. He's a lost cause. For right now though I'd say GL is safe. I think if and when they renew GL it would have to be with a new head writer in place.

• Members

I have watched the ratings drop from 2.4 to 2.2. The only time Gl got a 2.5 was around Reva's death which was when the show beat AMC in the ratings and it dropped back down since then. I looked up GL ratings and they have gotten 2.3s and 2.2s for most shows not 2.5.

Those other soaps are doing better in the ratings than Gl and they have made changes to improve the show unlike GL. I never said that I had problems with most of the cast only the writers and the executive producers. You may find it entertaining but I see a show that is being destroyed by people that do not care.

When the people in charge make it known that the history of the show is baggage I take it as a sign that they do not care.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

GL's chances of renewal are 50-50. It could be.....or it could be.....

Isn't GL's contract up in June/July this year? I remember thaat Procter & Gamble Productions announced the much-missed Another World's cancellation in early March 1999, and AW aired it's last ep in late June. So it was about 100 days from the announcement until it's last original ep airing on TV.

Archived