2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course they should, but no-one gives a damn about editing scripts. Marland edited the scripts himself. Bill Bell made sure in his outlines that there is a lot of dialogue (that's why they ran for more pages than a typical outline) so that HWs intention comes down right. That's how, he once remarked, you just can't miss - the SW won't be able to change your intentions.

• Members

Let me start by saying, what the hell kind of question is that? You know what I'm going to say and the reason I want Backus is the reason any other person would want a certain writer for their show. Surely I'll tell you something Sylph. I see plenty of improvements in OLTL. There are improvements in the writing, the consistency is better. The dialogue is better. Hiring Richard Backus as a Breakdown writer will be great because he is a good writer, who did some good work on OLTL. If thats the case, why the hell do you and everyone push for JP to leave ATWT. How is firing her going to help, and I'm just playing devils advocate here.

• Members

A question to the experts out there:

Has John Castellanos who played John Silva on Y&R also been working as a writer?

Someone of the same name as the former Mr. Rhonda Friedman suddenly showed up as on occasional scriptwriter just when his missus got promoted to her current job as supervising producer on B&B back around the millenium haze...

A John Castellanos wrote e.g. one part of Macy's crash explosion death back in 2000 - are they one and the same??? Does anybody know? :)

Archived