2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JER was a fantastic co-head writer with Nancy Curlee, Stephen Demorest, and Lorriane Broderick in the early 90's on GL. That was GL's last golden era in fact, and the show won the Best Writing Emmy in 93.

I still wish more soaps followed what GL did in the early 90's and had HEAD WRITING TEAMS, instead of just a head writer and a co-head writer.

• Members

Some of the stuff was classic JER though, but it worked. Blake was definitely the original template for what later became Sami on Days and The Springfield blackout was definitely something JER would do.

It also amazes me that JFP was EP at the time, she was rather good her first 2.5 years on GL.

• Members

I will say that I like our new script writers on ATWT Brash and Ford they seem to be alteast showing more than 2 storylines a show and they seem more balanced. Also I think I like our new director also, I kind of noticed some of the Old Y&R camera movements in one of the shows where the camera slowly moves away from an object.

• Members

ATWT has always had one or two good directors. I loved Paul Lammer's directing. He was probably the only one....LOL. I do like Chris Goutman, Jennifer Pepperman and John O'Connell. That has never been ATWT problem. Their problem is their writing...JEAN THE HACK...OY.....

• Members

That's a duo, I don't count that as a team lol. I was thinking more along the lines of Curlee, Demorest, Reilly, and Broderick on GL. You know, how all 4 were head writers? Wisner Washman and Trent Jones were also script/breakdown writers for that team, damn, that was one hell of a writing staff.

• Members

I wonder the same thing? How does that work in practice? I have hard time figuring out how did Guza and Pratt function together, let alone 4 writers completely different from each other! Someone had to have a final word. But who was that someone?

And what happened to Reilly? Did he always imagine he would write cr*p like Passions one day and thus only repressed his wishes or did something possess him in the meantime?

Archived