Heart & Souls

KLN

• Members

0783230079.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056487

Who remembers this movie? It came out in 1993 and starred Robert Downey, Jr., Alfre Woodard, Kyra Sedgwick, Elizabeth Shue, Charles Grodin and Tom Sizemore.

It's about four complete strangers who are killed in a bus crash, and at the precise moment they're killed, a baby is born (who later grows up to be Robert Downey, Jr.). Their spirits, of course, live on... earthbound, and stuck to the newborn baby for his whole life until he grows up to be a man. As a kid, only the boy can see them, but at the age of seven they realize they're getting him into trouble (what with 'imaginary friends' and such) so they disappear to him. It's not until he's fully grown and a successful businessman that they realize they're supposed to use him to fulfill their one biggest dream or fix their one biggest mistake that they didn't get to set right when they were still alive. The only problem is that they'll have to take over his body in order to do so... and he hasn't 'seen' his 'childhood hallucinations' since the age of seven. So, they reveal themselves to him again and get started on setting things right in their lives by using his body before finally saying goodbye to him (and each other) and going wherever they have to go.

It's a very sweet, somewhat cheesy but very tearjerking movie. But that's not to say it's completely serious and sad, either. It's very funny and feel-good. Robert Downey, Jr. is awesome at taking on the different personalities of his 'spirit friends' as they inhabit his body and get done what they have to get done. I hadn't seen it in years until all of a sudden, there it was in TV last night. And I sobbed like a baby just like I did watching it as a kid... after all, it WAS one of my favorite movies when I was younger. So funny, heartwarming and bittersweet.

Anyway, has anybody seen it? I know it sounds so ridiculous and cheesy, but someone who's seen it... back me up... is this movie NOT fantastic? LoL Everyone should see it. It makes me cry everytime!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived