Days: Photos from Clay Aiken Appearance

GBB

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So because he lost American Idol (in the closest vote in the show's history) that means he's not allowed to have a career? Getting 11,900,000 votes instead of 12,000,000 is evidence he should go back home and bag groceries for a living? I guess this means they should have fired Jennifer Hudson from the Dream Girls movie and hired Fantasia instead. Jennifer lost! Why the hell should she get to have a career? I'm sure if she wins an Oscar, as buzz indicates she might, she'll hand it right over to Fantasia. Jennifer obviously doesn't deserve it. I mean, she lost a talent show! While we're at it, Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett and Gladys Knight should all give back their careers too. They all lost talent shows on the way up.

I'm sorry, but that reasoning is simply ridiculous. And as for "losing" Idol, well the truth is that Clay has outsold Ruben at every turn: CD for CD, concert tour for concert tour. I adore Ruben and I think he's going to be considered one of the great R&B singers one day, but no one can argue he's had more success than Clay.

Do I think Clay should be compared to Smokey Robinson? Of course not. Smokey's a legend. But then Smokey has been in the business about 40 years longer than Clay and has earned the right to be called a legend. Talk to me in 40 years, we'll see where things stand then.

Comparing Clay to KFed, however, is simply ludicrous. Clay has sold over 4 millions CDs in the U.S., KFed has barely broken 10,000 (if he has broken it). Not one of Clay's 3 CDs has entered the Billboard album chart below #2. And Clay has put on 6 successful tours in the last 3 years. He's also found ways to put his celebrity to good use. He established a foundation that promotes inclusion for disabled kids. The foundation was just awarded a grant by the State Dept to help develop inclusion curriculums in U.S. schools. He serves as a UNICEF ambassador and has traveled to Indonesia and Uganda in very dangerous conditions. He's raised money for countless other children's charities as well. And he was recently named to serve on the President's Committe for People with Disabilities -- despite the fact that Clay's a liberal Democrat.

Hate him all you want, but don't try to argue he's unsuccessful or useless.

• Members

Thanks so much for sharing those GBB :)

I am not a fan of Clay's music, and I don't much like watching him perform...but there is no doubt

that

( a ) He is a successful musician

( b ) He's a great guy (his charity work is truly from the heart & the ones he chose

are especially dear to me)

and

( c ) the song he is going to be singing to Steve and Kayla is *perfect* for them. I actually like

the song a lot.

I think it's going to be a great holiday show :)

• Members

Thanks for sharing the picture, GBB. It looks like S&K appear to be sitting close to each other and I imagine that their happy in this scene. Great to see them together....

I hope that most of the Salemites are happy--at least for the Christmas holidays.....

• Members

It's a stupid cast stunt and a stupid story idea.

So is every super couple going to get a famous singer to sing 'their song' now?

It's lame and beyond dumb...so much for the show trying not be way out there anymore. :rolleyes:

So Bo and Hope should be getting a visit from Josh Groban any day now then?

Oh and Mick Jagger and the Stones are returning to serenade Sami and Lucas...

GMAFB.

God bless you fans that like Clay.

But that girl leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I will not watch that bullsh!t.

• Members

I nominate...........

Barry Manilow for Nick and Chelsea.

Ruben Studdard For Shawn and Belle.

Danity Kane for Steve and Billie.

Lindsay Lohan for Bo and Hope.

Jo-Jo for Lucas and Sami.

K.Fed for Mickey and Maggie.

S Club 7 for Tom and Alice (flashbacks.)

• Members

Cool pics- thank you.

I love the irony. Steve is this tough guy, and Kayla so far seems to be the same thing- tough. And you bring in Clay Aiken to sing for them. Hilarious.

And brilliant, if it works to bring younger viewers in and introduce them to a supercouple from days of yore.

• Members

Thanks for the additional pictures, GBB. Does anyone know who the guy in the light yellow shirt with the earpiece is? I figure that he's a director b/c he has a script in his hand and he's pointing out some blocking for Clay. Albert Alarr? Phil Sogard?

The guy in the white shirt is Steve Wyman, the exec producer, I think...

Archived