Y&R: Vincent Irizarry possibly joining the show

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd rather have him on DAYS. I've been watching some very old clips of him as Lujack on UTUBE and oh my God, he's so good and I loved Beth and Lujack. If he could come on as Bonnie's long gone husband it would be like a dream come true.

But, whatever, Y&R would be interesting. I'd love to see him play another tough guy with a heart of gold. I'm tired of him playing the refined, educated characters. He plays tough street thug so well.

Then there's the whole relocation issue. I thought he preferred NY. I guess he'll go where the work is.

• Members

I'm in two minds on this one. I hate to see Y and R resort to a cheap shot at ABC Daytime, although I think it deserves all the cheap shots it gets and then some -- in some ways it looks like a stunt. I'm glad to see VI get work so quickly, and in my area, AMC/Y and R are directly opposite each other, making Y and R even MORE attractive to irate ABC/AMC fans, which should force AMC ratings even lower and keeping Y and R at 4 + post sweeps.

It's not like Frons hasn't hovered at GL's door, capitalizing on their budgetary distress. <_<

• Members

For some reason VI isn't doing it for me but he has his fans, so I digress.

And I can't say that Y&R has been overflooded with newbies recently. However, there is no room for another character in my opinion because we still know NOTHING about the last additions: Jana and Professor Corbell which are still one of the brightest spots these days in the doomsday happenings on Y&R, though. I like both characters but want their story to play out a little bit more before new faces show up in Genoa City.

That said, I can't promise that I'm still there to see how it plays out after the holiday season. Y&R better gain shape again quickly or I'll drop it... <_<

Archived