Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OLTL: Friday

Featured Replies

  • Member

I just have to say that John's funeral was likely the most well done funeral I have ever seen on a soap! It wasn't overally dramatic, but evoked raw emotion.

Big credit to Melissa Archer, Robert S Woods, Tuc Watkins, Renee Goldsberry, Nathaniel Marston, and all who attended!!

Big credit to the writers (yes I said writers) and directors.

GREAT SHOW!!

  • Replies 14
  • Views 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member

I thought it was embarrassingly bad.

  • Member

Al's funeral was much more moving and better written IMO. Of course I'm biased.

I do think that MA & NM both did a wonderful job today. But I'm not diggin' the new Mama McBain. She has yet to shed a tear over her sons death, not that I really blame her. :D

  • Member

I thought the episode was OUTSTANDING.

It ought to be on the emmy reel for Best Show. Someone who never watched OLTL could get sucked into the show watching this one... even the novice OL viewer would probably be bawling by the end (I was!)

It was soooo well directed... the pacing was PERFECT... everything was just right to pull all the heartstrings. I'm not a John McBain fan, but this was just a great, great episode. I began sniffling when Bo was talking... and then when John's mom went to the grave and began singing Danny Boy... and then... Evangeline picking it up... boy, I cried like an idiot. And Michael at the end breaking down... oh my.

Excellent acting by EVERYONE and excellent excellent direction.

And I LOVE David and Dorian and good ol' Asa! Great to see Asa back!

Asa and Nigel are another of my favorite sets:)

Dang near perfect episode. And NO JOHN MCBAIN! :D:D:D (only in a casket... sort of).

  • Member

This show was fantastic. The ending was so good, it had me in tears.

  • Member

Dbl post.

  • Member

While I do not like John McBain, and think the focus on his death is way, way too much.....I thought that today's episode was rather well done. I agree that it did have a good pace, and was touching and moving. It was a good episode. Even though I don't like the character the episode was about, the episode itself was really good. Hope that makes sense, lol.

The good:

Asa, Nigel, Viki, Marcie, Michael, David, Dorian, Clint, Nora, Matthew, Roxy, Kevin, and Kelly (did she even say anything today?).

The rest was so-so.

Even though today's show was about John McBain, the writing, direction, production, etc.... was very good. Now if they can just do this well with out focusing 100% on 'dead' John for the next weeks it will be a miracle. :D

  • Author
  • Member

What I think was best about the episode is that it really gave the appropariate attention to detail that a death should. Additionally, soaps who "kill" a character who really isnt dead, often skip over the details. The same goes for the actors... its often obvious in their portrayals that a character isnt really dead. HOWEVER, this wasnt the case with John's death and OLTL should be applauded.

I say all this not being a John McBain fan. When I heard about this story, I thought it would just blow by like all other John stories and his various relationship. I am pleasantly surprised to be enjoying the story so much. I can't wait until the bandages come off!!

Oh, I agree with whoever said the comment about not liking Mama McBain. She didnt shed a tear, but I was moved when she began singing. It was even more moving when Evangeline picked it up.

  • Member

It was very good, but it seemed to drag on. Just not a huge fan of John's really. Natalie, too. I liked seeing Asa back, though.

  • Author
  • Member
Al's funeral was much more moving and better written IMO. Of course I'm biased.

I do think that MA & NM both did a wonderful job today. But I'm not diggin' the new Mama McBain. She has yet to shed a tear over her sons death, not that I really blame her. :D

Al's funeral was moving. I think we had more to mourn though. Everyone thought Nathaniel Marston was done and Marcie and Al, OLTL's best couple, was over... for no apparent reason

  • Member
Al's funeral was moving. I think we had more to mourn though. Everyone thought Nathaniel Marston was done and Marcie and Al, OLTL's best couple, was over... for no apparent reason

Except for the crawl running across the bottom of the screen telling us all that NM would be back.

The entire thing was an obscene display for an over exposed character who isn't dead.

Scotty, no HT didn't speak. Her extra status is complete.

  • Member
Except for the crawl running across the bottom of the screen telling us all that NM would be back.

The entire thing was an obscene display for an over exposed character who isn't dead.

Scotty, no HT didn't speak. Her extra status is complete.

Oh Al Holden is most definitely dead. I would welcome him and any Holden back in a heartbeat over any of the McBains. Just sayin'. :D

And that crawl across the screen was misleading. It kept saying "Al will be back for good.". Yeah right... I wanted Al back, not his soul in some strangers body. All is good though. I've grown to love Michael McBain.... just not as much as I loved Al Holden.

  • Member

You know...I've waited for the day that Lt. John McBain would die for as long as I could remember...I even advertised myself as a JoReaper fan...and finally, I got JoReaper...but I swear, they wouldn't let me enjoy MY couple.

It's like somehow John was turned into some deep, giddy, loving Saint...when he wasn't. I swear, I think John being dead is worse than John being alive.

As for the funeral...I would have really enjoyed this if it were for a character that I gave two craps about and didn't wish dead for most of their stint on the show.

As for Melissa...she's doing a great job...but frankly, we've been here before.

  • Member
Scotty, no HT didn't speak. Her extra status is complete.

That's what I thought Cal....she's wallpaper now. I'm surprised they actually gave Kevin any lines.

  • Member

I think the funeral was done wonderfully, with any other character... I probably would have shed a tear and added this moment to one of my favorites in daytime. But knowing that John's not really dead, at the same time, made me roll my eyes at all the production that they are doing for the character.

As for Melissa...she's doing a great job...but frankly, we've been here before.

Agree!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.