Price Is Right 9/18: Breaks Daytime Record for

R!ck

• Members

Todays (9/18) Price is Right set a new record for the most cash and prizes ever given away on a daytime game show. The previous record was held by Press Your Luck's Michael Larson. ($110,237 in cash and prizes) and after 22 years it has been broken.

Here's a clip of VickiAnn winning both showcases

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf2LzCcAmdc

Her prizes: Totaling $147,517

Hot Tub

Trip to New York City

1,000 Bucks on the Wheel

4 Digital Cameras

Home Theater System

Video Arcade Game

Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible

Saturn Sky Convertible

Dodge Caravan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guess it was a CBS daytime record :)

TVgameshows.net

VICKYANN BECOMES BIGGEST DAYTIME GAME SHOW WINNER IN CBS HISTORY

For a variety of reasons, including weather coverage pre-emption, TVgameshows.net does not have the full name----but a woman married for 26 years, Vickyann, is now the biggest winner in the history of daytime game shows on CBS.

She launched the start of the 35th season of The Price Is Right starts the show's 35th season of The Price Is Right as a Double Showcase winner, topping the $110,237 of Michael Larson on CBS's Press Your Luck in 1984.

Vickyann won her way onstage with a $2,500 hot tub and went on for a new $20,194 Dodge Caravan SE in the Push Over game. She added another $1,000 in cash on the wheel. In the Showcase, her opponent overbid. Vickyann, on her package of a JBL Home Theatre System, Robotron/Joust video arcade game and Dodge Viper, bid $89,500. Actual retail price: $89,739. The house erupted as she added a trip to New York, four DXG digital cameras and a Saturn Sky. The record earnings in cash and prizes totaled $147,517.

• Members

I am asuming that is only for TPIR in the USA cuz if he is talking about world wide they still have a long way to go to beat Australia's record.

I am not to sure exactly what it is but I do know that it was in excess of $500,000.00

It was during that time that if someone won the showcase which was in excess of $100,000.00 they were also given an appartment worth around $400,000.00.

But once again it is off air and Family Fued is back.

I just wish that they decide to go with one game show and stick to it.

• Members

Whoa! :o Not many people win both showcases. That's really great. Of course, there's always the one good showcase and then the one crappy showcase, but if you win BOTH, that's pretty sweet!!

My grandma went on TPIR and won a car, and then my aunt went on and won a bedroom set.

If I ever get on, I'd totally want to play Plinko. It's almost impossible to not win something on that game.

Archived