Rocky 6 Starts Filming In December

Roman

• Members

From Cinema Confidential:

Sly Stallone to start "Rocky 6"

POSTED ON 10/12/05 AT 12:30 P.M.

BY ETHAN AAMES

Production Weekly reports that Sylvester Stallone has been given the greenlit after many years to go forward with "Rocky 6." He will direct the feature in addition to starring in it as Rocky Balboa once again. Stallone also wrote the screenplay.

"Rocky 6" takes the aging boxer out of retirement, where his match against reigning heavyweight champ Mason "The Line" Dixon causes a media frenzy that puts him in the spotlight again.

Shooting will begin in Los Angeles in December.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No Talia Shire. Adrian is dead.

From The Can:

Rocky 6 Follow Up

In the film, Rocky's now a restaurant owner, who is still grieving over the death of his wife, Adrian. Rocky then decides to return to the ring to fight a few low-scale, local, fights. When he accepts a challenge to take on reigning heavyweight champ Mason "The Line" Dixon, a media frenzy insues….and the rest writes itself.

Stallone, whose been getting knocked back by studio's for years, recently published a part of his script in his magazine, "Sly" and believe it or not, it got a positive response.

In 2004, Stallone took the script to MGM - who also turned it down. They apparently thought Rocky was too old. "As long as people feel life is an uphill battle, it will never be over", Stallone said. "Rocky VI is about people who get to 50 and life says 'Get out of the way, you're obsolete'. I say to life: 'Move me or go around. I'm not volunteering to step out'.

He also says he wants a certain message to be portrayed at the end of this sequel. "As we get older, what we lack in skill, we can make up in will. And that is what we need to take into our later years."

Sly also spoke to Maxim magazine and had this to say. "It dawned on me a long time ago that I have this character who's almost autobiographical, so his story can keep going. The character can go places where the actor is in his life. The movies almost become documentaries. Society says to people, "Step aside; age gracefully." I've never thought there was anything graceful about aging. So I used what George Foreman did with his comeback fight a few years ago as a model. Everyone thought he was a joke, but he followed his own drum".

"Stallone once said of the new opponent, Dixon, that he's "in the same situation that Rocky was. Even though he's the champion, it's the same situation that Rocky was in in Rocky 1. You know, it's kind of like, an uncertain point in his life and even though he has all the skills, we don't know if he has the real heart for it".

Rocky VI will be filmed in Los Angeles and is rumoured to be co-starring returning series stars Burt Young and Tony Burton.

Stallone is also bulking up for Rambo 4, which will shoot early next year. "It won't be what you think - not the same Rambo with the headband", he said.

Stallone will be 60 when both films are released.

Stay tuned for updates.

• Members

Omg, Sylvester Stallone he can't even act, now he's directing. I predict this movie will be a total flop, probably worst than Gigli. Talia/Adrian is smart not to return, if that was the case. I can't believe he's doing another rambo also. The rocky/rambo franchise were his only two hits. Sylvester and arnold swartznegger have something in common they both milk there popular franchises for its worth, and neither can act. Hell even Katherine Hepburn said they both stank in her autobiography before she died. :lol:

Thats not true, I actually would go to yahoo and read the movie reviews(critic/yahoo users), they will tell me if he made an ass out of himself, why waste 10 bucks to see a crappy movie??? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived