AMC: Megan Mctavish's E-mail Doesn't Work/Is She Gone?/Sweeps (Merged Threads)

• Members

I think that GH will do well in the sweeps also. But it will be interesting to see if they can help out OLTL and AMC. It seems like they don't have anything going for them right now. And AMC is horrible. It is a trainwreck and it has been for some time.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Errol mentioned on two earlier threads that ABC needed to have a good November or budgets will be cut again.

Other than Laura coming back to GH, is there anything on any ABC that we can look forward to watching? There is nothing to look forward to on OLTL and from what I am reading there is not much hope for AMC.

Does anyone see any reason to watch ABC in November?

• Members

OLTL's got to have more than Jessica's wedding and John being back. The the thing is will anyone care? Spencer's parentage is a huge dud. Everyone guessed over a year ago that he believed himself to be Asa's child and that his mother was one of Renee's hookers. The death threats are piling on but even his death at this point seems like Tico's -- much ado about nothing. Marty's arrival is a similar non event considering there is no SH. David and Kevin exit seem to be non events and they hurt the show more than they help considering people aren't happy to see them go especially with what remains.

• Members

Each of those two events come at a cost. If Jessica and Antonio have a huge offline following, it flies in the face of the Tess/Nash fans -- even if Jess/Nash is the endgame, this assures nothing more than fantasy segments for the couple for six months or more. I don't really want to see the wedding.

The same is true for JOhn's return. The character is again popular, but just as many are already tired of the character, and have little hope he'll be written differently: just new demons. If his death and funeral couldn't pull more than a 2.5, how much can his return spike ratings?

The best hope is a spillover from Laura's return on GH.

• Members

The best hope is ABCD Sweeps bombs like hell and swift changes are made from top to bottom.

OLTL has nothing major besides the Jessica/Tessica wedding to Antoniass, John Mcfreakinbain returning from the dead (as if I freakin care) and the god awful Spensuck storyline that should have been revealed last January. No one cares...

AMC is in a similar boat. I don't care about Dixie, Tad or whether Emma is really little Tixie or not. I don't care that Binks is back (because her secret sucks) nor do I care that Babe continues to pussyfoot around between choosing JR or Josh. Zendall intrigues me b/c I want to know what Zach's secret is (You'll see what I'm talking about in about a week).

GH has a few storylines I'm invested in and that's Laura's return and Sonny/Alexis/Ric. Beyond that I'm so over it. I'm looking forward to watching GH, but I hope the ratings do bad all across the board.

• Members

I think a success would be for all of ABCD to increase their ratings throughout November. To beat last year's sweeps ratings would also be a success. A bomb would be for ABCD to reach new record lows or continuing falling ratings.

• Members

I agree with everyone posts, and I dont care for Binks secret either, but it is MMTrash writing so did you really think bringing Binks back would be any better then lets say Marie,Julia Dixie... and now ... Binks...

And I agree with the Zack & Kendall... but MMT is not writing what that story could be either... I erased all the other mean things I said.. just ranting...

• Members

I pretty much watch ABC out of habit now. Not because I'm really interested in the stories. I used to watch GH as soon as I got home, followed by AMC, OLTL, ATWT then I'd watch DAYS and Y&R on SOAPnet. Now I usually watch an NBC or CBS soap first depending on the day.

If ABC continues to be in the rut that it's in, I'm done. I could easily substitute my ABC soaps for a CBS one.

• Members

Binks is good for the Kinks; but otherwise ... FEH. All these years, and she still can't have an ONSCREEN hot & romantic affair/relationship with another woman? You can only string people along for so many years, yo. Now, no one wants to play "lucy w/the football" with the likes of McT/Frons/ABCD.

For me, at least (and I think, with evidence, that I speak for many) there will be no rooting until it happens. Not to make it happen. And that won't happen this sweeps. So ...

Ryanless Zen is the only thing I tune in for. And Kinks. And, if there is Myrtle, I am there. If Myrtle was on as often as, oh, say ... Ryan, I would watch a lot more.

• Members

ITA. They did both Robert and Anna a disjustice when they brought them back to basically do nothing. I'm not gonna get my hopes up about Laura's return because I don't think it's gonna be long term and feel TPTB are gonna butcher Genie's return.

• Members

I cannot resist tuning in to see Laura's Return. Just because Genie Francis is so luminous and -- human. No mumbling, no forgotten lines, no acting tics. And I want to see Luke's face when she calls his name, when he turns around to look at her.

Having said that, I just know I'll be disappointed by what Guza is going to do. He did such an awful job with Robert, Anna and Holly. The moment things start to turn sour and hollow, I'll switch off.

IMO, one fundamental change needs to be made first and foremost: and that's at the top. How I wish the hands-off Barbara Bloom were in change, interfering only on questions of ratings and viewer discontent, but never micro-managing, never pushing her pets to the forefront in order to turn the shows into one single template, her personal wank-fest.

Archived