NANCY GRACE: No Wonder Why Her Ratings Are Low This Summer!

bellcurve

• Members

Any fans of NANCY GRACE care to discuss this?! I lurk the CNN Message Board, and apparently, the show's ratings have dropped since last summer. A lot of those people blame GLENN BECK for the nosedive(because he doesn't fit in with CNN's supposed 'liberal' agenda). But let's look at what is REALLY the problem with the NANCY GRACE show:

1) Lackluster stories. Sheesh, last summer, Nancy was heavily involved in what was the Natalee Holloway investigation. She jumped on that story and stayed with it for MONTHS. That irritated alot of people, but I was compelled. Not so much by the story, but by THE WAY Nancy was just so passionate about milking this story for everything it was worth. So many quotables and funny moments, you couldn't wait to see what she would say next. These days, it seems as though she jumps from one story to the next, and usually with no followup at all. I can't necessarily say it's been slow for summer legal news, but it seems like she isn't covering a single trial on her show every single day. She needs more consistent topics, instead of jumping from one story to the next every night. I'm sure once the Duke Rape Case heats up again, she will cover that every night. But it just seems like she's very inconsistent.

2) She's NEVER ON! In all honesty, Nancy is great, but she's needs to cool it with the vacations once every two weeks. And I turn to watch tonight and AGAIN, boring Jane Velez-Mitchell is hosting for her. While she may be a decent subsititue for her, is no Nancy Grace. After all, we watch the show to see what NANCY will say next, not her substitutes. But if I had to choose, I still choose Jane over Lisa Pinto(yuck). I miss that syrupy, overdone Southern accent, her scary eyes, and her deadly glares at defense attorneys.

I don't know what to say about Nancy. I like the show, but maybe I need to take a break from it until another hot button story heats up and stays on the frontburner for months and months, like Natalee or the Duke Rape Case. I never tape Glenn, I just watch him sporadically. Maybe I ought to do the same for Nancy.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I use to watch Nancy Grace Live almost everyday but she just gets more crazy by the day. I still watch her show sometimes but her convicting every suspect thats charged or condeming every suspect accused of a crime against his wife or girlfriend gets old. Maybe her ratings dropped because everyone has saw her for the nut she is.

• Members

I feel the same way you do bellcurve, it would be nice if she covered at least one story on a consistant basis...... I also tuned in Mon and Tues to find Jane hosting the show, and I'll admit that I didn't even bother watching...It's not that I don't like Jane, but some of the things that come out of her mouth when she hosts have me rolling my eyes........

There must be a reason for Nancy's frequent abscences, what that reason is though still isn't known it seems....

As for Glenn Beck, his show isn't my cup of tea......

bellcurve, could you PM me and let me know how to get to the CNN Message Board?.

• Members

I like Nancy, but I only watch when there's a hot story going on that I'm interested in that I know she'll cover, like Laci Peterson, Wacko Jacko or Natalee Holloway. Boy, did she hate Scott Peterson! :lol:

And ITA about Jane filling in for Nancy - there's no comparison.

Archived