Soapsuds

SOD Cover "A Whole New Days"

59 posts in this topic

Not surprised Dena planned to wrap up the murder quickly. She's a hack who can't pen a real story. She has "ideas" that on paper sound good, "oh, let's send a bunch of characters to Greece"! "oh let's murder Deimos"! "Oh, let's have a plane crash!" And on paper they sound great, how on earth could they be bad stories? But then you watch what's on-screen and it's just awful. Awful pacing, awful dialogue ... SO glad Dena's gone.

Cover SOD with Chandler Massey

Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, text
Edited by victoria foxton

4 hours ago, KMan101 said:

Not surprised Dena planned to wrap up the murder quickly. She's a hack who can't pen a real story. She has "ideas" that on paper sound good, "oh, let's send a bunch of characters to Greece"! "oh let's murder Deimos"! "Oh, let's have a plane crash!" And on paper they sound great, how on earth could they be bad stories? But then you watch what's on-screen and it's just awful. Awful pacing, awful dialogue ... SO glad Dena's gone.

Yes - at least Carlivanti would milk those hot shirtless guys deserted on an island to the end.

I hope Ron realizes that if Fans didnt like Will murdered, they wont ike a fake Will or a twin

20 minutes ago, John said:

I hope Ron realizes that if Fans didnt like Will murdered, they wont ike a fake Will or a twin

This is the second time you're saying this. Is this actually based on anything, or pure speculation?

Just now, YRBB said:

This is the second time you're saying this. Is this actually based on anything, or pure speculation?

Ron's interview in SOD states that Will could be a double in one breath but then in another states he knows the death was not liked and he wants to undo that if possible

10 minutes ago, John said:

Ron's interview in SOD states that Will could be a double in one breath but then in another states he knows the death was not liked and he wants to undo that if possible

OK, that sounds like he's messing with the audience. Would he really say it if that was the outcome? It's like spoiling who done it. In this instance, it sounds like he would just want to undo a ridiculous death.

18 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

6.5 months

18 hours ago, RavenWhitney said:

Here's the link to Days production schedule

http://www.jason47.com/days/productionschedule.html

When they go back to work on Monday they will take 12/18 episode through 12/27!!

Ah thanks...the reason I asked is because I saw the Monday script and noticed Sonny and Will are featured on that episode which means Chandler is still taping at Days. So he will be around after the new year!

Edited by Soapsuds

7 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Ah thanks...the reason I asked is because I saw the Monday's script and noticed Sonny and Will are featured on that episode which means Chandler is still taping at Days. So he will be around after the new year!

I would assume and I could be wrong that Chandler is gonna be working for at least a year

On 13 July 2017 at 5:57 PM, vetsoapfan said:

Doug and Julie had fallen in love first and had become a soap opera super couple, but after a bad misunderstanding, they broke up and Doug impulsively married Julie's lonely mother, Addie. He was not in love with Addie at first, but grew to care for her deeply as time went on. After Doug and Addie had Hope, Addie died in a tragic accident (saving her baby, actually), and Doug eventually reunited with Julie, whom he married three times.

Writer William J. Bell had always intended for Doug and Julie to be the end game, but what he did not count on was how much the audience grew to cherish Addie. She had originally been something of a cold fish, but her marriage to Doug and bout with leukemia softened her tremendously, and the audience fell in love with her. Bell wanted to go through with his original plan to have D&J get together, however, so he went ahead and killed Addie off...and the fans went berserk. There was a major backlash at the time, and demands that Bell be fired. Even fans that did want D&J to get back together did not want Addie to DIE. They were furious with the show and inundated fan magazines of the day with vitriolic mail.

Thank you for the information, it sounds like those were a juicy few years on DAYS!

8 hours ago, Adamski said:

Thank you for the information, it sounds like those were a juicy few years on DAYS!

I would say that 1966 to 1976, as written by the legendary William J. Bell and Pat Falken Smith, were the show's very best years. The series was lush, romantic, captivating, sophisticated and adult in its themes, content, and presentation. Viewers who have only witnessed DAYS in the last few decades would be shocked to see how different it was during its heyday.

On 7/15/2017 at 0:50 PM, KMan101 said:

The thing is, some of these plots could be executed better, or at least dressed up more nicely to make it seem more grand, if they had a g--d--- budget. That "island" with those giant rock walls was so pitiful, you had Gabi in full, fresh make-up day after day... then with the party at the Martin home, they needed at least 15 more extras to make the party look lavish and well-attended. Instead, you had Deimos in his Colonel Sanders disguise as one of only two of the waitstaff. Everything just looks cheap. Certainly nothing like the Parisian costume ball in 1996 or the Coronation Massacre in 2001. 

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/icymi-ron-carlivati-interview/

I think the writers had done a really good job of setting up this villainous character of Deimos. When I came in, he had already been murdered, so I took that as another point of inspiration. It had wrapped up fairly fast with an interesting killer that made sense, but I proposed a different killer that prolonged the story, that pulled more people in and impacted the love stories on the canvas a little more. And then another one was Anjelica, who had recently been introduced to the canvas when I was hired, so that hadn’t been written too far down the road yet. That was another one where I was able to take that in a new direction. That is a really fun story which has some larger than life elements and has some humor, and some classic soap opera conventions about it. You’ll see from my very first episode what I mean by that.

I think he should have left the original killer and moved on from the Delmos story. No one cares who murdered him. I wonder who the original killer was by Higley?

2 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/icymi-ron-carlivati-interview/

I think the writers had done a really good job of setting up this villainous character of Deimos. When I came in, he had already been murdered, so I took that as another point of inspiration. It had wrapped up fairly fast with an interesting killer that made sense, but I proposed a different killer that prolonged the story, that pulled more people in and impacted the love stories on the canvas a little more. And then another one was Anjelica, who had recently been introduced to the canvas when I was hired, so that hadn’t been written too far down the road yet. That was another one where I was able to take that in a new direction. That is a really fun story which has some larger than life elements and has some humor, and some classic soap opera conventions about it. You’ll see from my very first episode what I mean by that.

I think he should have left the original killer and moved on from the Delmos story. No one cares who murdered him. I wonder who the original killer was by Higley?

im guessing it was Zander.

Hopefully the new killer wont be Rory