B&B - February 2017 Discussion

• Members

This was the real Sally wore in one of the early Forrester weddings. This is also what Eve Howard wore when Victor and Nikki were getting married for the first time. 

I watched a Spectra scene the other day and it felt a little bit like Saved By The Bell. I was happy to see the set though.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eric: "Nicole Forrester, wecome to the family." WTF would he call her that considering her husband's last name is Dominguez?

Please register in order to view this content

The writers are sleeping at the wheel which I dont get considering Tony was right there as a reminder of what the last name should be

so what was the purpose of Sally crashing the wedding?

• Members

Wow. I totally forgot Zende's last name. Since when does a male character disrespect a father who has been great to him? And his mother is still married to him, so that's not even an out. Shameful and, frankly an insult to Tony's ethnicity. I'm surprised they didn't rename him Tony Dominguez-Forrester (with the Dominguez being silent), Typical Hollywood liberal hypocrisy. I guess Brad thought it would be 'too complex' to figure out that Zende is related to all the Forresters though Kristen because he doesn't 'look' like them. If there's a plausible explanation why this isn't exactly what it appear to be, I'd love to hear it. 

• Members

Brad opened that door with his misguided PC regarding Raya. Seriously, Hollywood hypocrisy regarding diversity is rampant - that's why EEOC recently declared that the major studios discriminated against female directors.  

Wiping Zende's Hispanic heritage is the type of 'white washing' that Hollywood preaches against. Again, if I'm missing a piece of Zende's story that gives an alternate and plausible reason for changing his name, I want to know. Otherwise, what else would we call it? 

• Members

So Ivy was the only Forrester on the show that wasnt at the wedding. Did anyone even notice she was missing, bc I sure didnt.

Please register in order to view this content

YES! She finally did something noteworthy. The slap was weak and everything in that segment was predictable but Im glad Quinn at least lost one of her allies. It never even made sense why Ivy became her biggest supporter

Brooke is dumb for choosig Ridge, just bc he's her "destiny". He's ignored her ever sicne they got engaged. She's sick and he's kissing on Quinn. Ridge always loses interest in her once he has her. Whereas Bill has always been devoted and committed to her once they got together. It really shouldnt be much of a choice. Cant really feel sorry for her since she keeps letting this happen

• Members

Bill summed it up in one of his pleas - that he accepts, encourages and wants the best for her; Widge is the polar opposite. He's always treated Brooke as a lower class woman and, yes, the chase is everything here. And then Brooke follows her 'heart' to the steamroom, gets another diamond and then ignored, cheated on, abandoned etc. It would be far more interesting if Brooke just kicked him to curb. But they will just rinse and repeat with Katie/Widge as the foil for the next few years until Brooke's 'heart' stop working... 

• Members

Hollywood doesn't preach against 'white washing' at all. Hollywood commits 'white washing' all the time, others usually call them out on it.

I don't know where the myth that Hollywood is liberal got started. D.W. Griffiths was no liberal, he made the first movie that became box office and it trafficked in racist stereotypes where the Klansman rode in and "saved" the White woman from the 'Negro', who was of course, just another White person in blackface.

The only time when I could see the case being made for liberalism in entertainment was perhaps when Norman Lear (an avowed liberal) produced several TV shows that presented a more liberal point of view. I guess there were some individuals like Marlon Brando and Sidney Poitier and Harry Belafonte et al, who supported civil rights but you also have avowed Conservatives like Sammy Davis Junior, Bob Hope and John Wayne who were Nixon supporters, not to mention staunch NRA advocate Charlton Heston.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but I just hate it when people rely on tropes that were never accurate to begin with. Yes, many actors were liberal, but the majority of studio bosses were staunch conservatives. Guess who had more power in Hollywood?

• Members

Why cant Brooke just be single and choose herself.  It would make a great declaration..with the show approaching 30 years of being on the air.

Rushing Sally and thomas just confirms that bradley isnt interested in developing hwr character.  He just sees her as a clone of Original sally...and not a character in her own right.  The actress is talented..and i see that she's putting some sort of effort into developing the character.  She seems more like a determined and strong willed person determined to design...and had the drive of her aunt Sally...yet shouldnt be quite as over the top ir larger then life.   Again...Sasha should be a model at Spectra...just saying.

Archived