Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vee

Star Trek returns with streaming series

88 posts in this topic

THE FIRST TRAILER IS HERE!!!

They've also expanded it from 13 to 15 episodes for the first season. The FX look great. I hope the writing is great as well.

Edited by YRBB

Sonequa looks great. Love Michelle Yeoh.

Not sold on some of the aesthetic - some elements look faker than others - but if it's still Fuller's I'm on board.

I hope the show isn't a boring talkfest and the actors can sell their roles to me.   Remember when the James Bond franchise tried to sell Denise Richards as a weapons expert.  

Basically I'm not looking at it as Star Trek I'm looking at it as a spin-off or sequel, not a prequel. If I do it's just a mess. From the costumes, to the conflict change, new aliens, etc. it just doesn't fit with TOS. It does look good though which is why I'm going to give it a shot. I just wish they'd admitted it's a prequel to the movies or just made it a sequel.

I don't think it's any different than any other series.

As for conflict they're just being honest about the same thing the franchise has always done. Roddenberry talked a big game but most of his stories involved interpersonal conflict and often violence. Same with most of the best of Trek.

Edited by Vee