GH:: Tony Geary Interview

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He doesn't say he hated them, he says he didn't like how they wanted his character to be. TG drives me crazy, but I can perfectly accept that every actor will prefer certain EPs and HWs over others (I just finally finished the epic Llanview in the Afternoon book which is proof of that in spades.) And while that era of GH is largely beloved now, there are a lot of GH fans from the 80s and late 70s who missed the focus on spies, adventure, etc.

• Members

Count me as one such fan. L&L of the 90s were domesticated and Laura did become this frau while he became the cool dad with the funny dog and precocious son. I think you have to side with TG on this one, as the original Luke helped bring GH to heights not seen before or since. Labine's Luke and GH won critical praise but that is because the critics always seem to want every soap to be similar and close to their idea of the perfect soap. GH was not GL and it was not some CBS slow paced character show where everyone gave a monologue detailing their every feeling, but that is what the 90s brought to GH with speeches about cancer and aids and whatnot. It was good, but it wasn't the GH that characters like Luke thrived in. Felicia was another character hurt by the 90s. The adventures stopped and she slowly withered away. Robert and Anna fans in hindsight were lucky those characters left before they, like Tiffany Hill and Sean Donnely, found themselves starring in stories about drug addiction and attempts at suicide.

Give me the DVX.

• Members

I lost respect for AG years ago when he came out saying he was happy that Luke had an affair with Holly & he had another kid. Then he also loved that Luke was the one that ran over Jake. sorry Its only my opinion but he should retire

Sorry dont agree in 1984 when he learned Laura was preggo he was all jazzed. That was the Monty era. Im sorry but Its just like now TG likes that Luke is somewhat a deadbeat, WTH??? Monty didnt even script it that way. He just irritates me

• Members

I dont care if L&L ever reunite. I just didnt care for AG's comments RE Jake & Ethan

Just cause there was no plan to ever return, when they did in 93, U have to play the history even if u dont like it & when we last saw Lke in 84 he was happy to be becoming a dad

• Members

I'll repost my initial comment:

If there was any doubt (although I can't fathom why at this point) why this shitstain of a show should be cancelled once and for all instead of ABCD's idiotic attempts to keep it going, that old fart's disdain of the true GH fans who've propped his egotistical ass for 35 years, as well as the constant disrespect of the Labine/Riche era (a.k.a.: the last one that this show ever had), should silence it once and for all. I, for one, can't wait for Mo'Nique's new show to put the nail in the coffin.

• Members

It's interesting you mention that, because that S&T story in 1993 was actually not Labine's work. It was one of the final stories of Bill Levinson and Maralyn Thoma (they also wrote Dominique's death/initial surrogacy story), although Riche was definitely there by then. Labine was the one who basically ignored S&T until they moved to Boston.

I do see your greater point, though, and R&A were probably helped by staying in their former era (although as a huge fan of theirs, I'm still curious as to what would have become of them back then).

• Members

Yeah, Bill Levinson is who did drunk drug addict Tiffany and her suicide attempt. Labine is who reunited them after that story and did the who killed Jessica story where Ryan set it up to look like they'd killed her. That was right after she got there.

Besides that, I think the first stuff Labine did was Lucy trying to expose Katherine, the beginning of Ned & Lois, Karen the stripper, and then Luke & Laura returning.

Archived