GH: Week of May 27 Discussion

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel like Sharon Gabet is watching over this thread. It's very comforting, in a badly dated 80s computer graphics way.

Ron is very clever, because all the men he gives rape stories to are men that a lot of the viewers pant over. So he can have a shock value storyline, while knowing that these fans will do anything to praise and justify sexual assault, because to a lot of viewers, it's only rape if the man is unattractive.

• Members

This. As I watched the scenes today, I kept asking myself: Are they serious with this? Are they really trying to sell this ridiculous rewrite? I can't wait to see how they absolve Franco of Michael's rape. It's all rather comical and insulting to me as an audience member. This is almost as bad as when the writers tried to rewrite Luke's rape of Laura. I say almost, because at least with Franco the screen was blacked out so you didn't see what actually happened.

• Members

And of course he has to be a romantic lead?! I have asked this question to several on another board, and all they say is that "Roger can pull off the redemption" or "I'm supporting Roger no matter what".

Some are already rejoicing because Franco ONLY led Sam to believe he raped her. Isn't that so totally cool?

Psychos should have a maximum 6 month shelf life!

• Members

It's a little different when you go from "Special Guest Hollywood Movie Star James Franco as FRANCO playing FRANCO" where his public identity is intertwined totally with the character to soap star Roger Howarth. It's completely ridiculous and an irredeemable character.

• Members

Franco will suddenly be very redeemable now that a prize pony is in the role. Howarth has made a career out of this type of street trash character, and people lap it up. I can already hear the panting and cheering.

• Members

Yeah it's totally bizarre to me. Didn't Heather say something to him when he visited her about looking different?

Emme looks so much better with curly hair, I hope they stop straight ironing it. It's good to see RKK and Constance again.

Archived