GH: People magazine special for the 50th anniversary

178 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

COOL I still wish there was a OLTL one

Posted · Report post

Me too, I totally want this. I guess they did pics back in December. So hopefully there won't be much Jason in it ;)

Posted · Report post

I'm super sad there wasn't a OLTL one now but good that there's some sort of GH 50th anniversary book. God forbid ABC put one out.

Dragonflies, where did hear about photos being done?

Posted · Report post

on twitter from Ryan from tvsource also I remember Ian Buchanan tweeting something awhile back about someone taking pictures

Posted · Report post

Wonder if SOD will do something for them also.

Posted · Report post

THANKS for the news!!!!! Great!!!!

Posted · Report post

Has SOD/SOW done anything similar for past anniversaries? I just have the special OLTL and AMC farewell magazines, which are great, but...

I assume this means the AMC farewell People book sold well enough to justify similar books.

Posted · Report post

Has SOD/SOW done anything similar for past anniversaries? I just have the special OLTL and AMC farewell magazines, which are great, but...

I assume this means the AMC farewell People book sold well enough to justify similar books.

Do you mean special issues? I don't think they have. Just anniversary coverage in their issues.

Posted · Report post

Wonder if SOD will do something for them also.

(ugly cursive scrawl)

Happy anniversary!

(badly cropped photo of Roger Howarth, Maurice Benard and Laura Wright)

Shocking Steve Burton anniversary confession! Will he...?

"I never say never..."

Posted · Report post

I'd used to say that was SID just trying to sell mags but yeah, that's definitely become SOD's style as well. I think their covers are just too busy for such a small magazine.

Looking forward to this anniversary issue of People for GH.

Posted · Report post

Do you mean special issues? I don't think they have. Just anniversary coverage in their issues.

Which in case of the generally covered soaps (Y&R, DAYS, GH) used to be a huge part of the issue. The other soaps got a two-four page story at best...

Posted · Report post

Years ago even the lesser-rated soaps got a number of pages. I guess that stopped after the late 90s.

I will never forgive that "goodbye" issue SPW had for GL, which amounted to part of an ugly cover, and one or two pages, part of it being a trivia section not suited for the bottom of a Wikipedia page. SPW was not even good for toilet paper by the end.

Posted · Report post

SOW used to be my favorite, man did it rapidly decline around 2007 (yea, before this too but 07 seems to be the year it just started a freefall)

They used to have my favorite feature of any magazine, the getting to know a soap star better usually on the last page.