• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Watching this 1986 episode and I had no idea Jimmy Lee, Brian and Rick were still around at this time, although I think it's near the end for all of them. And I have no idea why they named a character "Marco Dean." Maybe someone was having a wink at OLTL...

Ginny is annoying. 

David Lewis really was exceptional as Edward.

"Diva Von Dish" said at the time that Jake was one of the worst dressed men in soaps...and I can see why.

This clip has at about 8 or 9 minutes in Tony and Tania telling Bobbie the name of their newborn daughter. It hurts my heart :(

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Daily TV Serials was MY FAVORITE soap opera magazine back in the day, although we were lucky to have several great ones like Afternoon TV, Rona Barrett's Daytimers, and Daytime TV. TV Dawn to Dusk was probably the weakest, but I bought them all, anyway, and would happily sit down and read them all again. The daytime press today simply sucks in comparison. Thank you so much for posting all this great material. Even though I probably miss some of it, not opening every thread in every forum, I absolutely adore stumbling across everything like this you present us with. :)

• Members

I should probably make a big thread or do a blog but I just end up doing it individually. Thanks. 

Daily TV Serials is my favorite too, of those I've read. It's opinionated but not too much so, and has a lot of great content. It's a shame that SOD seemed to pretty much shut all these out of the market, although some, like Dawn to Dusk, were pretty bare by that point anyway. 

• Members

When I read articles about classic era soaps, it's always so fascinating how intimate they seem.  I grew up after the Monty era when they all opened up the storytelling scope.  It's hard to imagine the small cast of main characters never crossing paths on GH pre 1978, and yet after the early 1980's, lots of soaps had characters that never crossed paths.  Y&R a prime example.  We good more diverse stories, and settings, but less character and less of that small town feel.

Carly has become a played out character. But she had so much potential in the early years. During Bob Guza last run Carly alongside Sonny and Jason ate up the show. Now Carly has been reduced to a Stepford Wife and Sonny apologist. At the time i actually liked the introduction of Carly. I also liked how Bobbie's backstory as a teen hooker was being used. I can't believe it's been 20 years, since Caroline Benson Bobbie's hellspawn first set foot in PC.

Edited by victoria foxton