Soap Opera Feuds

• Members

And what gets me about the money thing is that any half-decent agent in New York knows what folks are making on the soaps, whether he/she has a client on one or just from general industry knowledge. They would probably intervene and tell them, "Wellll, we can *ask*, but you're not gonna *get* that kind of money." Or maybe they had really ballsy out of touch agents who thought they were wielding His & His Joan Collinses or something.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He didn't have to go - ABC just wanted rid of the gays. They made it pretty clear at that time their views on any minority characters.

It tells you yet again about the state of our soap "press." This woman is treated seriously even though she has done nothing but shill, whether it's related to the truth or not.

• Members

IA and they didnt need to play up any gay angle with him. I liked him as the recurring cop on the show. I thought he did good in a supporting capacity and intereacted well with the cast. He could have still had a presence on the show without being in a relationship if that was much of an issue.

• Members

I had some of the same complaints - I actually wanted him to stay with Layla instead of having the gay story - but when they did start the story, I thought Brett and Scott worked very well together. I had so many complaints about how the story was written, and Kyle was a poorly defined character. I liked them as a couple but I would have been OK with their being written out. It's just the nasty stuff that has been going on for a year now that gets me. I don't understand why this is necessary.

• Members

I loved Kish (Brett/Kyle mostly) and loved their story, even though Ron went overboard with gay stuff sometimes, but yeah, it's the controversy surrounding how & why they got fired that pisses me off the most. One thing I paise Daytime Confidential and Jamey Giddens for, is when all the controversy started, they were (I think) the first ones to contact Brett and allow him to tell his side of the story. Nelson Branco never contacted Brett or Scott to get their side, and neither has Carolyn Hinsey. I feel you should get both sides to a story and let an actor defend themselves against what you're accusing them of.

• Members

Contract or not Both Brett & Scott put their hearts and souls into Kish and did a great story but some people just wanan squash all those memories. Sorry not riding that bus. I'll never forget what Kish meant to millons of fans and how Brett & Scott made that happen.

• Members

I also heard that FF was upset that KISH was so well liked by fans and that the fact fans didnt like the Stacy story made her jealous

Also a friend of mine Mike emery played one of The EMT's when stacy drowned and he said it was a long day. He said SE was very friendly & talkative to him. They are even facebook friends now.

He said JPL was very cold and standoffish

• 3 weeks later...

Archived