Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Soap Opera Feuds

• Please log in to reply
690 replies to this topic

#581 glatwt

glatwt

Recurring

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

not necessarily a fued but am i correct that Pam Long and Kim Zimmer did not really get along in real life?? also about Zimmer, i remember reading a interview about how she tried coming back to GL after SB went off the air but Phelps didn't want her back! something about how Zimmer made it known she wanted to return but Phelps insisted there was no one on the canvas that Reva could interact with, which i was confused about cause Josh, Billy, Vanessa, Mindy, Dylan and H.B. were all there after SB was cancelled and Zimmer ultimatley gave up saying that she wasn't "gonna push being in a place where she wasnt wanted"!! i wonder if Phelps had some kind of hatred towards Zimmer??

#582 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,691 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

Kim ZImmer said she and Pam Long had a lot of tension, perhaps because Pam loved the character so much. She said towards the end of her first run, when she went to lunch with Pam and CBS executives in an attempt to get her to stay, she and Pam were so unpleasant towards each other that the executive went to the restroom and threw up.

I don't think Phelps hated Kim Zimmer, she just felt Reva was a part of the past. I can see why she felt that way. Unfortunately for her, the show was so weak by 1995 that Zimmer came back whether she liked it or not.

I never felt like GL soared or crashed without Reva - I think Reva was the type of character who was a part of the community just as much as she was a big diva (it's too bad later writers did not see this). I am a little sad that Kim and Larry Gates never got to act together again.

#583 glatwt

glatwt

Recurring

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

thanks carl, that was the one interview i remembered, and i do see your point on Phelps and Zimmer, i just wish we could have seen a reva under a phelps/curlee/demorest/broderick regime!!!

#584 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,691 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

It certainly would have been interesting. That era seemed to prefer avoiding "big" characters, which, given what they did to Alex, may have been for the best.

#585 glatwt

glatwt

Recurring

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

ahhhh Alex, how could i forget?!?! yeah maybe it was for the best, what they did to the wonderful alexandra i will never forget!

#586 dawn9476

dawn9476

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Frances Reid happy to see an actor get his walking papers? Say it ain't so, Alice!

I think the fact that every female actress on the show including Frances being happy he got fired has something to do with him maybe sexual harrasing an underage Alison Sweeney. Considering that he went on to marry the 18 year old actress who played Sami's friend on the show, I think that he did harrass AS.

#587 dawn9476

dawn9476

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

Maurice Bernard and his scripts have a long history of not getting along.

Maurice and Tamara Braun didn't get along because she expressed interest in Carly moving past Sonny. IIRC, TB bascially admitted that in her exit interview TV Guide.

There is also a rumor that Maurice got Lisa Vultaggio fired even though Hannah and Sonny had been done for a long time at that point.

#588 John

John

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 9,110 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

After reading more oLTL stuff & I know folks hated Stacy Morasco but Im thinking more cast members had issues with Farah Fath & her demands & whining about story. Then going to Nelson Branco & Saying Brett & Scott were unprofessional. I remember Crystal Hunt (Stacy) has a b-day party. A lot of OLTL showed up but no FF or JPL. I just think their egos got her and it made her feel like she was top dog at OLTL

#589 AMCHistory

AMCHistory

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

After reading more oLTL stuff & I know folks hated Stacy Morasco but Im thinking more cast members had issues with Farah Fath & her demands & whining about story. Then going to Nelson Branco & Saying Brett & Scott were unprofessional. I remember Crystal Hunt (Stacy) has a b-day party. A lot of OLTL showed up but no FF or JPL. I just think their egos got her and it made her feel like she was top dog at OLTL

I wonder how much truth there is to Fath's ego. I remember Fath was initially well received when she began at OLTL. It was not until the Morasco story that the allegations of diva-dom came out.

#590 John

John

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 9,110 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

FF didnt like that Rex & GG broke up. She was jealous of how the Kish story was recieved. But her airtime did increase

#591 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

I still need to read "Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva" and "Soapsuds" though I did read an excerpt from "Soapsuds" that was really juicy

#592 John

John

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 9,110 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Id love to read those too

#593 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Black in the Day Soapy Goodness

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

I still need to read "Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva" and "Soapsuds" though I did read an excerpt from "Soapsuds" that was really juicy

Not sure about Soapsuds, but Secrets is definitely a sudsy pageturner.

#594 AMCHistory

AMCHistory

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

I was not a huge fan of Soapsuds. It was a little confusing to read as sometimes the characters were referred to by their character names, and sometimes the actors names. You almost need to take notes as your read it.

#595 Dr Neil Curtis

Dr Neil Curtis

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

Maurice Bernard and his scripts have a long history of not getting along.

LMAO!!!!!

#596 ellabelle

ellabelle

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

I was not a huge fan of Soapsuds. It was a little confusing to read as sometimes the characters were referred to by their character names, and sometimes the actors names. You almost need to take notes as your read it.

It was definitely harder to follow than one would expect, but I still enjoyed it tremendously. Half the fun for me was trying to figure out who the different characters in the book were modeled after (aside from the obvious: Meredith Contini = Susan Lucci with a little bit of Deidre Hall and Melody Thomas Scott thrown in).

#597 kalbir

kalbir

Recurring

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

I second VirginiaHamilton's recommendation of Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva. It's probably the closest thing to a tell-all we're going to get about the Bell shows.

#598 AMCHistory

AMCHistory

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

I second VirginiaHamilton's recommendation of Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva. It's probably the closest thing to a tell-all we're going to get about the Bell shows.

....and you have to wonder why. With it made very clear to Victoria Rowell that she is not welcome back in Genoa City, what is holding he rback from writing a true tell all.

#599 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

....and you have to wonder why. With it made very clear to Victoria Rowell that she is not welcome back in Genoa City, what is holding he rback from writing a true tell all.

Didn't she write that at a time when she was hoping they'd ask her back? Y&R from backstage drama sound slike the craziest of the soap sets. I'd love to read a tell all.

#600 yr9190

yr9190

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Didn't she write that at a time when she was hoping they'd ask her back? Y&R from backstage drama sound slike the craziest of the soap sets. I'd love to read a tell all.

I would also love to hear about the "Urban legends" that is the Y&R set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users