Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

January 1972 Daytime TV

Lisa Cameron (Susan Douglas Shearer), John Cunningham (Dan Shearer) and Christine Cameron (Barbara Shearer) departed in September. Rue McLanahan (Caroline Johnson) also left but joined Where The Heart Is immediately. In October, Alice Mary Riley (Susan Betsy Giles) left the cast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks, Mr. Brightside, I always thought Stephen Schnetzer was a great soap leading men -- adept at both drama and comedy, and exhibiting great chemistry with all the AW ladies mentioned in the article, plus Nancy Frangione. His stints as Marcello on OLTL and Steve Olson on DAYS were pretty unmemorable, but that was a fault of the writing, not the actor.

• Members

I like seeing that Stephen is working constantly. I think that he was talented actor who was underrated on the soaps because he did not have the traditional "handsome" look. I had no idea that he has a son who also acts. He is a proud father. Good for him.

His praise of JFP does make me roll my eyes, but whatever.

Edited by Ann_SS

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

When I started watching the 1980 AW episodes I'd assumed it would be for Rachel and Mac, but that baby/murder trial story is so interminable, I mostly find myself watching for Blaine, Pat, and Cecile.

Kit is so dowdy and boring. I like Amy, she's a good bitch, but overall the Halloways, even Miranda (although Judith McConnell does her best).

I guess we're soon heading for Jerry's mother's murder. It's too bad, as I liked her.

• Members

It's pretty strange and something I didn't remember at all. In the following episode Amanda and Paulina get get a strange, vague letter from Evan saying he's off to New York because it would be too dangerous to stay with her family. Amanda wonders if Rachel had anything to do with it and later visits Evan's trashed apartment looking liked someone had packed in a hurry.

I also forget how bad Wyndham's British accent was...it certainly did a number on her over accent in the last few years on AW.

Edited by soapfan770

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I can't get past the fact that Philece Sampler was once on this show! She is definitely one of the worst and most annoying actresses I have ever seen. She ruined Donna for good. She was really awful on DAYS too. She honestly couldn't be more unlikable if she tried.

Didn't like Josie as a character but I liked Alexandra Wilson. I never got why so many people disliked her as an actress. Though Josie should have been more of a bitch and a gold digger. The recasts reinforced how boring the character was. I lost all interest once Wilson left the role.

Gary always seemed mad when he was supposed to be happy or crying. I think it was Tim Gibbs's fault. I couldn't stand the story with Josie and Gary.

Wow. So Alli was portrayed by Alicia Leigh Willis AND Lindsay Lohan. Lohan may have been a better actress than PS or ALW but she was every bit as unlikable as those two. Granted that's been the least of Lohan's problems for about 10 years but regardless.