Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So I was just looking at the Variety article about the debate and asking readers who won...and the comments terrify me. Lots of pro-Trump there. I think, no matter how badly Trump did, there is a contingent that just will not budge, either because of e-mails or Benghazi or, and this one pisses me off, because she's a woman.

I just pray that Trump will lose and go crawl under a rock.

Edited by Wendy

• Members

I don't gush over Donald Trump, I just don't subscribe to the theory that because I am a democrat I must believe the republican candidate can do no right, while the democratic candidate can do no wrong.

Trump lost fair and square and largely due to his own ego.  If one were to watch the debate with no sound on and just the split screen he probably would like like a complete nut with the face and the fidgeting.   He could not get out of his way with the interrupting, and of course that is what she was hoping for.   In contrast she was her usual good debating self and just stayed on her even keep--which probably annoyed him even more.   She got him to basically admit he doesn't pay taxes, to admit that he had racist rental policies in Brooklyn in the 70s, and to fall into the whole birther trap.    Trump started out the first fifteen minutes stronger and not looking deranged, but he can't help himself.    The issue now will be is if winning a debate on points and not a knockout will be enough to for Hillary to bring the strays home who don't want to vote for her.

• Members

Lorne has a soft spot for him, or NBC does, or both, as they let him host even after his worst. Darrell Hammond has also spoken somewhat positively toward Trump. The sketch they did with Palin (who has fucked off this year - I wonder if someone in Trump's entourage told her to go away or else) and Trump had her as the crackpot and him as the wise sage putting up with her antics. 

We don't agree on some things but I tend to agree with your view of why Trump is popular. And I tend to think you will be right here. I don't think it will make any real difference in his support. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Chuck Todd is the belt buckle of the Beltway, with a hipster goatee to try to seem different. 

I was trying to read the debate recap at The Fix and had to stop for a while when the guy doing it said Hillary was doing a less annoying version of the "Al Gore sigh." They really are trying to push that narrative against her. We'll see if they manage it over the next few days. 

• Members

I just watched Seth Meyer's, A Closer Look. There weren't a lot of Hillary clips (the focus was on Trump and his stupidity), but Hillary's face as Trump was saying "Call Sean Hannity" was hilarious... She just had this smile like, "Seriously?"

Trump saying he did great in the polls except CNN which he doesn't watch (yet he was citing it as evidence tonight on birtherism). 

Trump also says no questions tonight about emails, corrupt Clinton foundation or Benghazi.

Way too many likes on his Tweets... hopefully a bunch of bots. Though either way, it's silly for me to base popularity on social media response. 

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

I wonder if it's fair to talk about her supposed policies as first lady. I mean the health care plan, fine, because she was in charge of that, but prior to 2001, anything he claims is more about Bill than her, isn't it? And how is he going to go back 30 years when the first Bush was still in office?

GOP strategist Nicolle Wallace: I think that we held @HillaryClinton to very high standards, and she exceeded them

:wub:

Edit: I just did a search of NAFTA. 5 ridiculous news articles showing up, and only one from Breitbart, how Trump hits Hillary with NAFTA and how debate blows up with NAFTA. WTH?! 

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine